Chapter 1

I left early to go to the bus stop. I couldn't help but miss Jade. I was use to being with her all day, and it was lonely with just me in the house.

It felt like hours before the bus pulled up and when it did I smiled. I noticed all the kids get off the bus one by one until my curly-haired beauty appeared.

"Momma!" she ran and hugged me and I squeezed her.

"How was it?" I asked, taking her hand and starting to walk home.

"Well.. The children were a bit loud." she responded. I got a kick out of that.

"Meet anyone interesting?" I asked.

"The woman with green eyes." she smiled up at me. "She's real nice."

I looked at her questionably. "Is that your teacher?"

She shook her head. "No, Momma."

I opened the front door of our house. "What's her name?" I asked.

"She didn't tell me. That is why I call her The Woman With Green Eyes." she explained.

"When did she come see you?"

"Momma! I'm tired! Can we please talk about this another time!" she asked, dramatically throwing herself on the couch.

I laughed. "What do you want for dinner, drama queen?"

I made chicken alfredo for dinner, knowing it was Blake's favorite. I was hoping at dinner Blake could con his way into making Jade tell more about the woman with green eyes. Jade was a complete daddy's girl. I got the table set and plates made, I was just waiting for Blake.

"Daddy!!" I heard Jade yell. That was my cue.

"Hey, Bug!" he said sweetly. "Wheres your mother?"

"Momma cooked chicken alfredo!" she said excitedly.

"Good cause I'm starved!" he said walking into the kitchen. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me on the lips.

"Jade, why don't you go get some dish towels upstairs in the linen closet?" I asked her. She did.

"There's a drawer full of towels-" Blake tried.

I put my finger on his mouth and waited for her to reach the top of the steps. "She met someone in school." I told him in a whisper.

"Yeah, Sonny. A school full of kids.. It's hard to believe." he said sarcastically.

"No, a woman!" I said slapping his arms. "She said the woman visited her at school." I said concerned.

He raised an eyebrow. "A woman?"

I nodded. "She calls her the woman with green eyes-"

"UGHHHH!" I heard Jade yell.

"Are you okay?" I yelled at the top of the steps.

"I'm fine!" she snapped.

I went back into the kitchen. "She calls her the woman with green eyes. I don't know who she is talking about!"

"Did you ask her?" he asked.

I gave him a look. "No, Blake! I was just happy she met a friend!" I said sarcastically.

He laughed. "I'll talk to her about it, I'm sure it's nothing."

"AHHHH!" I heard Jade yell.

"Jade?!" I asked concerned. Me and Blake booked it up the steps.

"Are you okay?" I seen her sitting on the ground with with her head hanging down.

"Im fine, mother." she said.

Blake bent down to comfort her but she slapped him away. "STOP!" she commanded, he backed off instantly.

She looked up at us and I gasped. There was no longer green in her eyes, just black. I could tell she was angry. "Jade, what's wrong-"

"I broke the door." she said quietly.

Blake walked over to the linen closet and tried opening the door, but it tipped over forcing him to catch it.

"It's no big deal, kid. Just some nails-"

I noticed her shaking. "I break everything!" she cried.

As much as I wanted to disagree with her, she was destructive. Sometimes she would get so mad she couldn't control her wolf.

"That's not true!" I lied. "Come on, let's go eat." I said trying to grab her hand.

She looked up to me and her green eyes were back, rimmed in red. "The kids at school say I'm a monster. Am I a monster, Momma?"

My heart broke and I looked over at Blake. He set the door down against the wall. "Those kids are jealous of your power." he said calmly. "They are just mad they aren't you." he explained.

She got up from the ground. "I'm sorry about the door, guys. I couldn't open it."

"Its my fault, I locked it." I said uneasy.

She wiped her tears. "It's okay, I know I have one true friend." she said smiling.

I smiled back. "Who?"

"The woman with green eyes." she replied and walked down the steps.

"Blake!" I whispered scared.

"I'll have a pack member keep an eye on her during school. We will find out who it is." he said in a serious tone.

I nodded and walked over to the door. "How did she manage-"

"You shouldn't have locked it!" he snapped.

"This is my fault?" I responded aggravated. "I didn't want her to mess with things! She has her immature moments!" I replied.

He rolled his eyes. "She is still a child! Of course she has immature moments!"

"You and I both know she is different! Why won't you except it!" I spat.

"My daughter-"

"Our daughter." I cut him off.

"She is five. She is an alpha, she is going to be a little stronger-"

"For heavens sake, Blake! She broke the damn door!"

"Momma?" I heard Jade call from downstairs. "I'm hungry!"

"We're coming, bug!" I yelled back. "All I'm saying is you need to wake up and realize that she is abnormal." I said to Blake and without room for argument I went downstairs to feed Jade.

Vote/comment/follow