Homecoming

The plane trip to Wisconsin was rather unpleasant. The turbulance was horrible, and I got stuck sitting next to some fat guy. This has got to be an omen about where my life is headed. When the plane lands I    decide to grab some frozen yogurt in the food court before checking my bags out. 

I rent a sleek black convertable for the drive to Poroton. Cars were one of my favorite indulgences. I had always wanted a black convertable, but I settled on a GL550 Suv. Some of my friends back at the University liked to joke about the fact that my car can fit seven people. I turn up the radio and sing along to Kresha's hit new single Not Alone.

When I  see the Welcome to Porton sign I feel like I am going to puke. I honestly never wanted to see this place again, and it does not help that small towns never really change.  Even when the govenrment shipped me out here at age ten I hated it. Back then I was a bit of a fire cracker and made my opinions about Porton known to all of the locals. Bad decision. They have turnes up their noses at me ever since. 

Down the road from my mother's house I realize I am low on gas. By low on gas I mean really low on gas. I groan, knowing that the closest gas station is called Jim's Stop Shop and Gas. I really do not need a confrontation with anybody from Porton.

I drive up to the pump labeled 'One' and fill my car up with gas. The station is pretty crowded, and I can see the wary glances in my direction. Porton only has a population of about 8,000 , but I have changed a lot in the past two years. Okay, I have not changed that much, and my shiny car is practically putting a bulls eye on me. Not to mention the fact that I have been in most magazines in America,  but a girl can hope. Can't she? When the car is full of gas I avoid the stares and walk into the gas station.

The rusty door rings when I open it and somebody says in a monotone voice "Welcome to Jim's Stop and Shop." I walk up to the front of the cast register and when the cashier turns around I automatically recognize him as my x boyfriend Marklet Johannson. He obviously recognizes me, because he has the most disgusted look on his face.

"I am here to pay for the gas on pump one," I say in my most polite voice.

He laughs and slips his dirty blonde hair to the left "Well, if it isn't little miss Emma Smith, surprised I didn't know that only you would have such a shiny car." He rolls his eyes "Did your rich boyfriend buy it for you?"

I prop my elbows up on the counter making the light from the dusty windows  reflect on my arms "That car isn't even mine It is a rental, and I am not dating Daniel anymore." I make a popping sound with my lips.

"Does your non boyfriend know you are visiting your pretty little friend Wesley," he says in a rather sly voice. I wouldn't hold it above Marklet to blab to the media about my past, so I turn on all of acting skills into full gear. 

"Yes, but I am completely single," I say with the slight twirl of my hair. I lean forward and give him my cutest smile "Do you want to go out or something this Saturday."

He looks really conflicted, but shakes his head with a sad verve.

"I don't think my fiance Deborah would approve."

Eww. Gross, Deborah was some snotty greasy haired girl who hated my guts in high school. I bet the only thing they have in common is that they both hold grudges against me. At least Marklet is kind of hot. 

"Oh, congrats," I say in a dry tone.

"You act like you still might  have feelings for me," he says gently brushing a strand away from my hair. 

"Just ring me up," I say harshly.

He obeys my command, but rolls his eyes when I pay with a hundred dollar bill. Thats when I hear the squeels.