Trust Me

Daniel leans into kiss me as the bright white flash of a camera interrupts. My breath moves from daniels lips and my face turns toward the light. The trademark grin and camera of a member of the paparazzi meets my eyes.

"Miss Emma what is your relationship with Daniel NEWMAN?" shouts the paparazzi man.

I lean in towards my lover and semi automatically grasp his hand. My mother and I shared the same temperant and ideals towards the paparazzi.

"Daniel and I are declining to comment," I mutter in the man's direction. 

"Ah... but we all saw you two quite involved. Did you two go to Paris on a romantic vacation or did Mr. Newman come to visit Miss Emma out of his own choice. Was he invited or did he come on his own reckoning?"

I laugh at the unusual speech of the man and wonder his nationality "I said that I am declining to comment."

Daniel grasps my back and pulls me closer. With a grin he looks in the man's direction "Miss Emma and I are trying to fit the pieces together of our relationship. I suppose you could say we haven't DTR (in other words "defined the relationship") as for the trip to Paris; I chose to come here on my own to win my lover back and to see this wonderful city."

My jaw tightens and I clench my mouth. I lean into whisper to Daniel but he brushes me off.

The man smiles at Daniel and adjustes what I assume to be a recorder "Do you love Miss Emma and does she love you."

"While I love Miss Emma with all of my heart I do not believe it is my responsibility to speak for her. Please allow us to get on with our day," Daniel speaks.

Danny grabs my hand and pulls me to the middle of the sidewalk. He almost pulls me as he grabs my arm and pushes me to move.

"What on earth were you thinking. I could just slap you right here," I say as i jump over a small puddle.

Daniel looks at me and sighs as he continues his fast paced walk "I have called a car to bring us to my house outside Paris. We can speak there."

For the rest or the walk (more like run) we keep in silence. Ridgid bodies with arms clenched to our sides. 

As promised a sleek black limosine awaits us on the cobblestones streets. The driver sees us and quickly runs to open the doors as we both quickly slide in the seats.

"Daniel Newman explain yorself right this instant. We both know how I feel about the press and no fancy house is going to change that. I am trying to be nice to apologize for breaking up with you and that night last year... never mind but seriously explain yourself!" I shout.

He looks at me and without speaking grabs a bottle of chilled wine from a nearby tray. He grabs two glasses and carefully pours out half glasses.

"Drink this. It is from the year the Newman family name was established. It is quite rare."

I look at him and begin to speak "Daniel---"

He interrupts me and sighs "You should also change into this... he osses a fancy box with Olive written on the top in fancy scroll."

"Daniel you are ignoring me."

"Trust me," he says as he reaches for my hand.

I give a sad smile and I grasp his hand and squeeze it.

Author's Note:

What do you think is going on with Daniel? I smell something fishy going on... also some more Georgianna stuff is going to be popping up... 

Spoiler/Poem/Riddle

Georgianna's father was a business man of many ways.

And the world surmised one day

That dear father was thought to be outside of his stays

And the world sure did make him pay