I'll Be Home for Next Year Darling

Maybe someday, you'll be somewhere. Talking to me, as if you knew me. Saying, I'll be home for next year darling. I'll be home for next year.

Next Year: Two Door Cinema Club

"Now tell me one about your friends," Harry begged. They were sitting on the couch with the TV playing the background.

"Oh, Jesus. Really? Don't you want to hear about anything else? My friends and I were pretty wild in our time," she said sarcastically.

"Yes, I want to hear everything that's ever happened to you," he said seriously with a glint in her eye.

"Well shit, okay. Um, so back at my old school I had a pretty large group of friends. There were about ten of us give or take a few. Mostly guys though, which would come in handy whenever a lot of drama went on. So, like one Friday evening I was at home and this random text came through on my phone from one of the guys at my school, I hadn't really talked to him before. So he had apparently found out that we had mutual friends who were wanting to go out with each other. So we decided to go on somewhat of a 'double date' so to say. Well, we went and it turned out that the other couple had been in on his secret and were trying to set us up the entire time. So I showed up at the restaurant and had a really awkward time with him and then later when we were walking around, he tried to hold my hand and yeah. That happened.

So I go back to school on Monday and this creep won't stop trying to touch me, like he tried to feel me up under the cafeteria table. And I was sitting in between him and one of my really close girlfriends Evie, and she noticed my being uncomfortable. Bless her for doing this, she got up and got my best guy friend Carter, I've told you about him before, and told him about it, I think, and I had told her about everything that happened the weekend prior.

So they come back and sit down like normal and we finish eating and get up and go to our break period, and this kid tries to touch me again and I had about had it but Carter gets in the way and wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me into his side and doesn't let go of me for the rest of the day. And he refuses to explain to me why, but the creep doesn't get near for the rest of the day. And Carter held my hand and hugged me and carried my books for me and acted the overprotective boyfriend for as many days until the creepy guys got the hint and left me alone finally."

"You had really great friends, Vie. I wish I could've met them," he said remorsefully.

"Yeah, me too.. I kind of regret leaving without a trace, but on the other hand I don't. Most of them probably know where I am now, but even the ones that don't, I don't know. I kind of gave up on the effort regarding keeping up with them, so I don't blame them for doing the same," she said sadly. She really wished she would've been able to call them up right now and tell them all about what's happened in the last several months.

"I think it would be good if you kept in contact with them though, babe. I mean, you don't really have anyone your age in your life besides Lottie, and even she's younger than you. You should give one of them a call tonight," Harry suggested.

"It's gonna be awkward though, H. I haven't seen or talked to them in over six months."

"Do it. For me?"

"Fine, you're so lucky I love you."

"I'm luckier."

"You literally make me want to throw up all over you, you sap."

"Speaking of that. What happened at the restaurant last night?" he asked suddenly. He was still confused about how one minute she couldn't even look at her plate and the next she ate almost a third of it.