Love Steals Us From Loneliness

"Love steals us from loneliness"

                                                   Love Steals Us From Loneliness: Idlewind

"Niall," I said seriously, pointing at the outfit currently lying on my bed on top of the unmade sheets." I'm not wearing that."

He looked at me incredulously. I raised my eyebrows at him in return. "Well, why not?" he asked bewildered.

"One, I hate that shade of blue. Two, I would look like a slut. Three, what would Harry say if he saw me walking around town wearing it?'

"He wouldn't mind," he tried to say but he secretly knew better. "If it makes you feel better I'll let you wear another jacket."

I huffed out a sigh in annoyance and stomped down the hall, outfit in hand, towards Louis's bathroom. "Louis!" I groaned, jumping on his bed where he was currently sleeping. He whined in response and buried himself under the covers more. "Go away," he mumbled into his pillow.

I crawled up the bed to him and sat on his back. He waved his arms behind him but I effortlessly pinned them down. "Louis. I'm being serious."

He noticed my change of tone and abruptly flipped over, freeing his arms from my grasp. "What is it?" he asked curiously. 

I handed him the clothes from my hand, which inconveniently included my underwear. "Um," he said as he held the bra into the air. "Are you wanting me to give this to your boyfriend?"

I chuckled a response. "No," I blushed. "I just don't know what to do."

"What's wrong with it?" he asked, confusion evident in his voice. Did these boys actually forget that I was a fairly modest person? I didn't show a lot of skin in clothing except for at the beach, and that wasn't happening anytime soon.

"Lou, it's a midriff," I motioned with my hands to my stomach, the area that I least wanted to be exposed.

"And what's wrong with that.." he trailed off, finally figuring out the concern prominent in my explanation. "Oh my word."

"Yeah, and I don't exactly want him to see or learn anything, Louis," I spoke slightly frightened. Niall was one of the few people who knew absolutely nothing about my issues. It was comforting knowing that he actually had general concern over me, not just because I tried to commit suicide a little over three weeks ago.

"I don't know what to tell you sweet pea," he whispered, looking at my expression. 

I was beyond scared and pissed off. I couldn't make a scene in front of  Niall because then he would automatically know that something was off, even though he hadn't seen me in several months. I also couldn't call Harry since he was out with some of his friends after a suggestion from Louis to get him out of the house.

"You know what? I'll just keep the jacket zipped and refuse to unzip it. Problem solved," I suggested, shrugging my shoulders. I sat up and and scooted off the bed. 

"Olivia," Louis stopped me, grabbing my elbow. I turned to face him."What?" He sighed and pulled me back to him, wrapping one arm around my waist. I was still taller than him but I knew he had something important to say. "Olivia, if you're not comfortable going out with him, then I don't want you to."

My jaw slackened as I realized what he said. "I feel comfortablele around him, Louis. He can just be...controlling at times."

"I know. I just want you to have a good day today. I want to avoid as many bad days as possible."