Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Louis’ POV

After pacing around my room for ages, probably burning the carpet from all the friction, I made my way downstairs knowing that Harry had probably finished cooking dinner.

I could smell the pasta as I stepped off the stairs onto the bottom floor so I followed my nose towards the table. Set in front of me were two plates of spaghetti. I took a seat and just as I was about to dig into what looked like the most delicious spaghetti ever, Harry walked in.

He was quiet and the tension in the room was so thick you could easily cut it with a knife. I would describe it as awkward but that wouldn’t even encompass the entire situation. Awkward was an understatement of it. It was beyond awkward. And why wouldn’t it be? I had kissed my enemy’s hand!

When he sat down, I began to dig into my food as I watched him slowly push the spaghetti around on his plate with his fork. All you could hear was the sound of me eating the spaghetti, or sauce being pushed around on the plate.

The awkward, silent atmosphere was cut short by my phone ringing loudly from my pocket. I quickly placed the fork down and plucked my phone out of my pocket.

“Hello?” I called out.

“Louis. It’s Will here. We’re just calling to let you know that we’ve planned another date for you and Harry,” he said.

“Hold on. Harry’s here. I’ll put you on speaker,” I said. I quickly turned on speaker and placed my phone in the middle of the table. After Will had repeated what he had said to me, he continued.

“This time, the date is at the fair. I want this to be one of those cliché dates with the night time Ferris wheel ride, one winning a prize for the other and that kind of thing. I also want there to be more PDA so kisses on the cheeks, lips if you want to although you probably won’t. Um, holding hands, that kind of thing. The date will be tomorrow. A car will come pick you up from your house at 9am and you’ll spend the entire day there. Make sure you’re seen by the paps, ok?” Will explained. We both sighed, simultaneously before replying with a yes.

“Make it convincing!” Will commanded before hanging up. I groaned before turning to Harry.

“I’m sorry about before. I didn’t mean to do it. I have no idea what came over me. You can hate me, although you already do but I need to make sure it’s not like this tomorrow because if we’re like this tomorrow…,” I rambled on.

“Lou. I get it. Don’t worry about it,” he said before quickly shovelling down a bit more food and walking off. I couldn’t help but feel a little giddy when he called me Lou.

“Stop it, Louis. It’s just a nickname,” I muttered to myself before finishing off the rest of the food, quickly washing my plate and heading to bed to prepare for tomorrow.

***

I woke up to a loud knocking on my bedroom door.

“Get up, Louis! The car’s going to be here in half an hour!” Harry yelled through the door.

“I’m up!” I replied before quickly getting out of bed, brushing my teeth, combing my hair, and getting dressed. I quickly raced downstairs to see Harry already gobbling down some cereal so I quickly poured myself a bowl of cereal and shovelled it down just as the doorbell rang. I quickly drank a glass of water as Harry answered the door before rushing over to the front door.

“Hi!” I said to Paul, the driver. He nodded a hi in my direction before leading us out to the car. I noticed the paparazzi around us so I leaned over and opened the door for Harry, watching through the corner of my eye as flashes went off.