UNLOOKED-FOR TURN OF THE FATE

Would you ever think that one unexpected event could change your lonely existence forever? I would never have believed it, knowing my nature of a realist

Would you ever think that one unexpected event could change your lonely existence forever? I would never have believed it, knowing my nature of a realist. I had always believed that in life everything is subjected to logic and order, but a hooligan-fate dramatically changed my opinion very soon.

It was an ordinary London Sunday morning when I was preparing for the next working day. I had courted myself; doing manicures, pedicures, making masks, scrubs and in general, transforming my own appearance. When doubts constantly seeped into my heart, I asked myself - why do I need it; so that employees wouldn't point their fingers and say things like 'the grey stock has come'? I wanted everyone to admire my new image, especially men. It was ridiculous to think so; men must be all over me.

After the special treatments, I decided to wash all of the remedies that I had used. But as soon as I prepared to do it, the light in my apartments turned off. I swore, flying out of the bath and opening the door. But why did I fly out into the corridor wearing only slippers and nothing else? Maybe not only the lights in my apartments, but my brains had stopped working as well.

Shivering, I walked over to the switchboard, hoping to solve my problem quickly.

It was important not to plug all the appliances in one socket and overload it! I scolded myself while looking at the switches.

"Are you looking for an adventure for your fine ass? You are standing in the dark corridor alone, completely nude, but still want to try working as an electrician." An unfamiliar male voice with a velvety shade rang in my ears and I realized that I was standing in front of him in the buff, and the light of his flashlight illuminated my body.

"I didn't ask you about my ass! And don't look at it!" I snapped, showing off my women's independence vibe. I heard the stranger quietly chuckle.

"I didn't mean that, ma'am. Your hands are wet and you could get an electric shock when you reach for the switches. You need male, dry hands." He suggested to me on-kind, waiting for my response.

"Thanks, but I can do it myself." I maundered, but it was no use. I was lost like a little kitten who didn't know where to go.

"It is a serious matter, stubborn woman. Let me help you."

And as an unaided, pompous ass, he pushed me aside and walked over to the switchboard. After cautiously turning off the switch, he waited a few minutes and then turned it on. To my regret, nothing changed.

Just super! I muttered, not wanting to obey the unpleasant circumstances and malicious fate. Why today? Why? I have to get up early and I won't have time to freshen up; not wash the masks, shampoo off and...

God! I no doubt look like the heroine of a horror movie. It is definitely a disaster!

"It's probably some kind of power shortage." He noticed thoughtfully. "Do you have any candles?"