CHOICE

***

This story I dedicate to desirediaries, jjen30 & angel_0v0_lee (specially cause of eastern theme of my story)

I want to thank you for your support with votes and comments for #HSS as well.

Hug you and hope you will enjoy it.

***

A fearless warrior in black like a night suit fitting tightly his slim athletic body stood on the battlefield

A fearless warrior in black like a night suit fitting tightly his slim athletic body stood on the battlefield. His golden hair resembled sunrays, and his eyes – mountain emeralds. He was like a wild northern barbarian, who was determined to win. He didn't seem to pay any attention to the fact that air currents played with a long haired girl standing in front of him in a lilac and light green robe made of Japanese silk.

Raiden gulped. They were here just because of the choice they made last night. The choice provided by their leaders to fight to the death for the honor of their clans. No more bloody war, no more bullets. One battle will solve everything and there will be only one conqueror of all lands.

Raiden still couldn't believe that the woman standing opposite him was the woman whom he left in the village but promised her to come back to after the victory over the enemy. But when he returned, he realized that the strangers had deceived him. Raiden found nothing but the village burned to the ground. He cursed himself for Akira's death. He hated himself for that.

And now, when he saw her alive after all those years, he was shocked and jolly glad. Akira wasn't dead; she survived and now joined the people who were Raiden's enemies. Akira had no longer her former mischief and gaiety; there was nothing of the bygone Akira. New Akira stood proudly; any muscle didn't twitch on her face. All her thoughts were about Raiden. Akira couldn't understand why the life brought her again to that golden-haired demon, in whose veins the blood of Northern and Eastern people flew. People who were famous for their durability, strength, exuberant energy and sexuality.

Why didn't he come back for her? Why didn't he look for her? Now he came just to take her life. But she won't let him do that.

Raiden sighed, no longer trying to fight with his inner emotions. He threw his weapon at Akira's feet, knowing that he couldn't live, if he killed her.

"I can't do it." Raiden lowered his head guiltily, relaxing his tense shoulders. "Kill me if you want. But I can't kill you..."

"Look who's talking!" Akira was mocking him with her blue eyes, showing all her disdain. "Weren't that you who left me alone in the village at the mercy of the enemy, were you? I thought they would destroy me, but now I'm one of them. Please, at last once in your life admit that you were scared! Admit that you didn't want to take responsibility and take me to the war!"