Chapter 6

I know there may be some grammar and spelling mistakes but once I have finished the story I'll go back and edit it all. I just really want to get this story done and once I have succeed with that then I'll go back and fix everything. So until then please hang with me and if you have a hard time making sense of what I am saying please a comment and I'll clear it up for you. Thanks for reading. 

I stormed out of the lunchroom with everyone watching me. The past two weeks have been driving me crazy and Zach's bull shit sent me over the edge. Nicole and Kait were smart enough to stay out of this but that didn't mean they saw this coming. I left my food behind and came so close to throwing my mash potatoes into Zach's face.  

I slammed my locker after I threw my books in and started to slid down the lockers until I was sitting on the floor looking at the wall across from me. If I had to be truthful and explain why I'm so pissed and depressed today it would be because it was the seven year anniversary of my parents' death and their killer is still out there somewhere. Then there was Adam. I don't let myself think about him, not when I feel responsible for his death.

It was late one winter and I was 5 years old and Adam was almost 22, he's birthday was coming up in a few days and he and his girlfriend were going to go camping for the week. He was going to ask her to marry him and I was the only one who knew. He took me out ice skating before he had to pack and we were having a great time. Even though he had warned me about weak spots I didn't listen and ended up falling in.  If I had listened or not freaked out so much he wouldn't have fallen threw too trying to help me.

Every since that winter I had stayed away from frozen pounds and haven't ice skated. The last time I saw his girlfriend was when I ran into her one day at his grave. The tears in her eyes remind me just how much I had messed up. I caused the life of my loving brother and I still haven't found the killers who took the rest of my family from me.  

A door down the hall closing snapped me out of my memories and I looked up to see Jason walking in my direction. When he sat beside me without saying anything I was shocked. I just stared at him and said nothing as he pulled his knees up to his chest and rested his chin on his knees. After I stared at him some more he looked over at me and tried to hide a laugh. Snapping out of my daze, I looked away and made the mistake of thinking about Adam. 

Without thinking, or caring, I let my head fall onto Jason's shoulder and started to cry. He let go of his knees and wrapped an arm around my shoulders and held me as I cried and made a fool of myself. "It's going to be okay," were the first words I have ever heard him say and somehow it felt like I have heard him talk a thousands times before.  I started to felt calm and the tears stopped flowing and began to feel tired. 

"Sorry," I said pulling away and grabbing my book bag. As I stood up to walk off Jason reached out and grabbed my hand. I looked down at him as his blue eyes and saw something that I couldn't read but whatever it was it was gone as soon as the bell ringed. He let go as he stood up and said, "Don't be sorry for crying, it's a step closer to healing." Then he was walking off to his next class. 

~~~~~~later that night~~~~~~~

This was the first time I have ever had to be careful getting out of the house. Ever since the accident at the store, Serenity had been trying to keep in the house a lot more and I had to practice my fighting in my room. I now have two big holes in my wall and a busted kicking bag with some knife holes in the one still hanging up in my room. 

My knife was going in and out in between my fingers as I walked around the empty playground in town. A couple of high school boys were drinking and smoking as I walked by and started to whistle at me. I rolled my eyes and kept on walking, if they thought about coming after me they will wish they hadn't.