54

"hey, babe, could you get me a glass of water?"

clementine almost rolled her eyes at liam's request and was tempted to tell him to get his own fucking glass of water, but then she remembered the feeling of his palm hitting her cheek and decided it was better not to. as she stepped into the kitchen and filled up a glass, she noticed a bottle in the medicine cabinet and her heart started to race as she got an idea.

being as quiet as she could be, she slipped over to the cabinet and pulled out the bottle of aspirin. she didn't know how many pills she needed, but she had no desire to kill liam even though he had hurt her so badly, so only took out a small handful and started to crush them.

"clementine? what's taking so long?"

"just a second, the tap was having problems."

she felt so nervous, wondering if it would work and worrying that liam would walk through the door and see what she was doing, but she still dropped the crushed tablets into the glass of water and watched them as they dissolved. when she heard liam stand up from the couch and begin to walk her way, she hastily put the aspirin bottle back in the medicine cabinet and grabbed the glass of water, just as liam entered the kitchen.

"you're sure you're alright?"

"yeah, here."

clementine tried not to look suspicious or awkward as she handed him the glass of water with pills that were now dissolved. he raised his eyebrow at her, but shrugged and took a sip, going back out to the living room to sit on the couch and watch more tv.

clementine waited.

she waited until he began to grow tired and started to doze off on the couch. she waited until his snores could be heard throughout the entire unfamiliar room. when she was sure he was sound asleep, she ran to the door and grabbed the handle.

but it was locked.

of course, she should've known. liam wouldn't have left a door unlocked just so she could slip out when he went to the bathroom or fell asleep. to make matters worse, it was locked from the outside, and clementine had no idea where to find the key.

so instead, she came up with a different idea.

clementine jogged over to liam and started to shove her hands into his pockets until she found what she was looking for. the first thing she thought to do was call the police, but of course, liam had blocked the ability to call that number on his phone, probably just in case clementine got her hands on it. she sat down and stared at it for just a moment, then slowly started typing in the familiar numbers, making sure she got the correct ones this time.

the phone rang.

"hello?"

this time, clementine didn't have the wrong number at all.

"hello, jessica, please, i need your help."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

guess who's back, back again, jess is back, tell a friend

i thought that it was about time to bring jessica back

also, i think it's impossible to block the police phone number on your phone, but i guess liam just can so yeah, he did. whether you like it or not.

and don't tell me that clementine should've tried to escape before now, like when liam was sleeping or using the toilet or whatnot, but clementine had to build up her confidence within herself to be able to even think about escape. she's been through a lot, it would take time.

anyway so this is a bit of an early update bc im going to a dinner tonight so yeah. hope you enjoyed.

please vote and comment :)