47

the policemen said that they would hold liam for a little while longer so that clementine could swing by her old home and collect anything that she wanted, which also gave time for niall and harry to get their bags from the motel and check out. as soon as they were on the road once more, with niall riding shotgun and clementine sitting silently in the back, harry called the police station saying that they had done everything they needed.

nobody made an effort to speak as they journeyed on, but that was okay, because clementine was finally safe. they had all the time in the world to make conversation, so it didn't matter if they were quiet now.

"this is it."

harry broke the prolonged silence as they pulled into the apartment car park. there was an awkward tension still hanging in the air, because although harry and niall put a hell of a lot of effort into saving clementine, they were practically strangers.

the trio stepped into the building, followed by the elevator, and since clementine was closest to the buttons it only seemed logical for her to press the correct floor.

"it's number three."

niall quickly gave her this information, pointing at the set of numbers by the elevator door. she thanked him quietly and they all listened to the god-awful elevator music without saying a word.

when the doors opened, harry and niall let clementine out first, which was a little silly because she had no idea where she was supposed to go and was left standing there in a state of confusion. harry came out next and began to lead the way, clementine and niall following behind, and the three of them finally stopped at room thirteen.

"lucky, huh?"

clementine said this with a smile, trying to break the everlasting tension, pointing towards the two silver numbers on the door.

"some might say that."

clementine strained to hear harry's reply as he brought out his room key to let everyone into the simple apartment the two boys called home.

when niall shut the door behind them, again they were left in silence, nobody knowing how to start in ways of conversation. they didn't know anything about each other, except that clementine wasn't very smart when it came to choosing boyfriends and that harry probably had OCD.

"movie?"

this was suggested by niall after many awkward seconds, gesturing towards the tv in the living room, and the other two nodded eagerly, ready to do anything besides having to try and speak to one another. they could do that later, but now, they just wanted to be comfortable.

as niall set out to find a good dvd and harry showed clementine where she would be sleeping, a very furious liam was being let out of custody, his mind completely set on getting his girlfriend back, even if it meant breaking the law.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

i had she looks so perfect on replay before but then my mum and brother came home and now my brother's playing dubstep and my mums gone somewhere so i can't have it on replay anymore :(((((

since ive already started this im gonna do like a question of the chapter every time i update so yeah um

qotc: what do you think liam's going to do to get to clementine?

thank you, please vote and comment :)