Ric

I brought my watch up to my face. 3:30  I had to go pick up Molly. Sighing I got up and headed off to my locker, I knew I left a bag in there. After grabbing my bag I headed to the convenient store a couple blocks away. 

As I walked in I glanced at the shop keeper, they were looking down at their phone not paying any attention to anything around them. I had started walking down an isle. As I walked I slipped food into my bag. I continue this until I stood right by the front door. I took one more glance up to see the shop keeper was still not paying any attention to their surroundings. I went to that convenient store enough to know that it only had one camera, and that camera was not working.

I walked into Molly's daycare"Michael!" Molly had ran up to me, I picked her up and spun around, she started to giggle. "Ahhh, no Michael!" She continued to giggle until I put her down. I looked up to see Robin, she is one of the workers that watched the kids. She smiled at me and walked over to us.

"Can I speak to you for a second?" I had gotten this rotten feeling in my gut, it wasn't good news, I knew that even before she told me but I nodded and returned the smile. "I know you have been trying to get a job to pay for Molly's daycare but the bill it getting pretty high and if you don't pay the bill soon, then I am afraid that you will have to find a different daycare." Damn it. I had tried to get a job but no one wants to higher some dirty teenage boy, besides I did get money and I had been paying for Molly's daycare it's just, I hadn't been selling that much, then I remember thinking I should talk to Ric. 

"I understand and I will take care of it just give me a couple more days." Her smile was replaced with a thin straight line. 

"One week and that's it." I nodded in appreciation and took Molly's hand. We walked out after I zipped up her jacket. 

 Molly and I ran up to our room the second we got home, lucky for us Dan wasn't home. I let Molly lead the way into our room and we sit on our bed together. I heard Molly's stomach growl, it had made me wince. I need to make sure I feed her more often. I took my bag off of me and opened it. I handed Molly a sandwich, she ate it in record time, I did the same. Molly yawned and I helped her take off her jacket then laid her down and tucked her into bed. Oh I really wanted to sleep but I had things to do. I needed a job and I knew where to go to get that job. 

"Molly, stay in here and lock the door when I leave and sleep okay." She frowned but nodded, she was smart and knew exactly why I had told her to lock the door. After I closed the door I heard her feet tip toe across the floor and the click of the door locking. I smiled and walked down the stairs and out of the door. 

Once I stepped outside I took a deep breath. Molly will be fine. After awhile I got to Ric's place. I looked up at a bright yellow house with light trim. My feet hit the pavement as I walked up to his door and knocked seven times then waited until John yelled through the door. 

"Who is it?!" I sighed and yelled back 

"Michael!" I heard shuffling and then the door opened. 

"Jeez Michael haven't seen you in days, thought you bit the big one." I walked in. We shared this long look then a smile broke out across his face. The smile didn't reach his dark brown eyes. John's almost black hair was neatly combed back. He stood in front of me wearing a blue button up and black dress pants. He did always like to dress up. I waited for him to lead me down stairs. Once we got down there I heard Ric 

"You are worthless, what did you expect?!" Ric yelled. I heard whimpering who I assumed was David pleading, 

"Please give me another chance I swear I will get it back." David cried.