Brotherly Love Ch. 5

Adam's POV (The morning of the first day of school)

My dreams are interrupted when something falls onto my stomach. The thing starts giggling, and I throw it off onto the floor. I turn to the side to look straight into the sapphire eyes of my little brother. "Good morning!" He says cheerfully with a sweet smile. As cute as it is, I don't appreciate getting pulled from my wonderful dreams this early in the morning.

"Just because you have to get up this early to straighten your nappy hair doesn't mean I do." His hair is actually quite perfect. It's soft, silky, and thick.

He gasps, his eyes widening. "My hair is NOT nappy!" He touches his hair, flattening it down. He can be so cute.

"Sure." I leave him there on the floor so that I can take a shower.

As I stand under the hot sprays from the shower, my thoughts wander back to my dream that Matt interrupted. It was about him, actually. It was also very cliché. Matt and I were standing in a beautiful field with soft grass surrounding our feet, and sunshine caressing our cheeks. I looked over at him, and my breath caught in my throat.

He looked stunning with the light hitting his hair like a halo; the sea of grass swaying around him. It was like something out of a fairy tale. "Adam," he murmered. "Come here."

I obeyed, walking tentatively toward him. When I was just a foot away from him he stepped forward, putting his hand on my cheek. I couldn't help but lean into his soft caress. "Adam, I-" Thats where Matt came jumping in, shattering the perfect moment.

I shake my head and rub my face, rubbing away the remains of the dream. I finish getting ready for school, all the while thinking about the weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

_________________________________________

I leave Matt standing in front of the school with Alex so that I can find Drew. I find him in the school courtyard with some of our other friends. "Hey Adam! What's up, Man?" he asks as I get closer.

"Not much. You?"

"Nothing new."

I nod. I look around the courtyard. There are a few freshman with clueless looks on their faces, asking other students for help. My eyes land on a familiar boy, shooting anger throughout my body. It's Scott; he's the guy who was messing with Matt and Alex. "Drew, look." I nod my head in Scott's direction.

"Do we need to give him a talk?" Drew asks.

"Yeah, I think we do." We stalk over to him and his friends, our friends following us even though they don't know what's going on. I love our friends; they have our backs before they even know why.

"Scott." He looks up, a scowl on his face.

"What do you want?" He looks us up and down, determining if he wants a fight.

"I just want to warn you." I take a step closer. "If you lay a hand on Matt or Alex - you know, the boys from the mall - I will personally cut every single one of your fingers and toes off, and make you eat them."

He rolls his eyes. "You're crazy, Man." He turns back to his friends.

I grab his shoulder and spin him back around, pushing him into the wall. "I'm not even joking, and if you like being able to throw a football, I suggest you listen." I step away from him and walk away, my friends shooting warning looks at the punks before joining me.

Drew falls into step beside me. "Calm down, Adam. He'll be alright."

"How do you know?"

"Because he has a brother like you to protect him."