The Girl Who Rode My Bus

this is completely fictional

There was a girl who rode my bus who hardly ever spoke and when she did she didnt seem to fully engage in conversation.

She'd say hello, then turn back around in her seat and stare out the window.

One day I struck up the nerve to ask her why shes so quiet

and she told me "im tired of talking, no ones listening."

I didnt know what to say, and before I could say anything, she had turned back around in her seat, eyes fixed on the window.

And I don't know if she was looking out the window at our bland town, analyzing it. or if she was just always staring into nothing. I guess it could of been both.

One day she came on the bus, and her skin seemed paler, and her hair a bit messier, and her eyes more empty.

I never tried to help her, and that day when she got off the bus, I noticed that the way she walked was as if she was being forced too.

That day she went home and killed herself.

& she wrote a note:

She said that she felt as if she lived life on a cliff, with heavy wind pushing her closer and closer to the edge. And there were people all around her, but no one attempted to save her. And she got tired of fighting the wind. So she let go. And as she was falling, all she could see around her were the faces of the people she loved watching her fall with smiles on their faces. And that now, after falling for so long, she had finally reached the bottom.