Finally - Prologue

When Alexander Hamilton arrived, he cried. Everyone had cried at first, or at least showed moderate panic or upset, but he cried A LOT. He'd not even noticed he was reverted back to age 19 until Philip joked afterwards about how he must've gotten his good looks from his mother. 

His body shook with every sob and he clung to every person who came to meet him like they'd disappear from his hands any second. He held his mother and son for the longest, shaking like a leaf as his mother smiled at him. "M-Mom, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry..." He whispered. She seemed good at comfort, but cried seeing her son so...

So not the little boy who'd been sick all those years ago. 

Philip had clung to his father too, though, with the same desperation the other had. They cried lightly into each other, but this time there was nothing on Alexander's face other than tears and pride, and a type of love that Philip would never lose, no matter what he did. 

"You did great, son. You did good. You were amazing." He said, his voice cracking slightly. Philip just tightened his grip in response.

The soldiers shook his hand respectfully. The men who'd died in the battalion he commanded saluted him with the same respect they did on the battlefield. His cousin bowed his head in apology, knowing now that Alexander and his brother never deserved what they were given. His brother had a look of admiration on his face.

George Washington appeared for the first time since he died, and himself and his wife greeted the soldiers, before rushing into conversation with the revolutionary crew who'd dug America out of it's hole like they were just old friends who hadn't seen each other for a while. Lafayette embraced him more than he'd embraced his own father when he first got here, and Alexander swore he felt the responsibility lift off of his shoulders the minute the General walked in. 

Alexander Hamilton had a saint's entry, because even those who'd hated him had come to see him arrive, to respectfully shake the hand of the man who had outlived them, and changed the world in the process. There was an aura of respect from everyone there, but even with so many people to talk to, he eventually stumbled back towards his small group of friends, overwhelmed by the welcome. 

John Laurens had been nowhere to be found, though. That's what Hamilton told them. "Where's John? Why isn't John here?" Hercules and Lafayette looked at each other, but Philip had already bolted off with promises of finding the man. 

When he did, he was surprised to say the least.

Laurens was sat in the middle of the white room, staring at the memories in front of him. The memory room was great for those who didn't remember much about how they got here, but...

John had tears streaming down his face, and Philip gasped when he saw the memory. The other man noticed and quickly shook it away, pulling his knees from where they'd been pulled up to his chest. He stood shakily. "I'm sorry." He said simply. Philip shook his head.

"Doesn't matter. I think I knew. He never was right on certain dates, and he'd write to you on every single one of them. It' s okay, Uncle John. I don't blame you." Laurens wiped his face and shook his head as the boy patted him on the back. 

"He only knew after I died...please, don't mention this to him." He pleaded quietly. Philip pulled back with a grin. "Of course, imaginary friend." He stuck his tongue out at the other's offended gasp and shoved him back into the party. John walked back over to his friends with his head down.

"Sorry for going out, you know I don't like crowds." John mumbled. Alexander just laughed, slapping his friend's back. "My friend, I know exactly how you feel!"

John and Philip made eye contact across the room as the chatter continued, and Philip smiled comfortingly again, with a look that said the secret was safe with him. Alexander looked happy, and called his son over to tell him war stories, whilst finally having the men that were the stories in the room. George Washington grinned and told them of his old battalion, with shining eyes, having finally had the chance to move on from his past mistakes. 

When things calmed down, Martha and George left with most of the soldiers, ushering the young men out as they protested. The soldiers mumbled something along the lines of "We're dead and he's still bossing us around", and then paused as Washington heard it, but watched in confusion as their hardened General threw back his head and laughed. 

That left only Alexander Hamilton's family. Though not all of them were blood, he'd called them family himself. Earlier that day, he'd turned away his father and his mother's husband with a straightened back, head held high and a pride that was absolutely unshakable. His mother had never felt prouder in her entire life nor afterlife. 

Time went on. The Schuyler sisters arrived and embraced each other, before greeting their respective families. Eliza Hamilton played piano with her son once again. Everybody was happy as you can be when getting used to being dead. People who never met got to meet, and people who'd met before got to embrace at the prospect of finally being with each other once again. 

There was no sadness, no betrayal, no heartbreak, because they'd gotten past all that, they'd lived all that, and now it was time to be better. To forgive each other and to love those who deserved love, but self-sabotaged because that's all they knew how to do. To be with each other. 

Friendships formed. The Hamiltons' children arrived one by one, and Philip showed his little siblings how life worked after life was no more. They finally got to meet the war heroes they'd been hearing about since they were young.

And Philip Hamilton Sr never told his father's best friend's secret.

He never told of a white room, a crying man, and a memory of a kiss that meant everything to him. 

Because it was better that way. 

AN: We're done! Seriously! It's over! It's done! So, thanks so much for reading, feel free to check out any other Hamilton stuff I post, and yeah! Leave comments if you want! Thanks! See ya!