The Challenge

I open my eyes only to find the same shade of black as the inside of my eyelids. Wasn't I just in Dark Hallow? Where am I now? Did the shadow transport me somewhere? So many questions with so little answers. I sit up from my lying position on the ground and look round me. I feel like my eyes are still shut with how dark my current location is. I can't help but feel slightly afraid. I don't know where I am, if I'm alone, or where Peter is. Hell, I don't even know if I'm still in Neverland.

"Hello!?" I shout out into the void only for my voice to echo back at me.

"Hello!" I shout louder, making sure anyone who might be there can here me.

"Alaina!?" a familiar female voice shouts back at me. No, it can't be, its not possible.

"Alaina, pumpkin is that you!?" a male voice shouts, following the female voice. The male voice was all too familiar as well.

I turn around and standing behind me with a shining light hovering over them, is my parents. They look just the same as they did when they were alive. My mom is wearing her favorite purple sundress and my dad is wearing his favorite pair of blue jeans with his white polo shirt. I stand up and smile widely at the sight of my mother and father, tears of joy rushing down my cheeks. The first thing I notice is my mom's long dark brown hair that I had inherited from her. The only thing I had inherited from my father is his icy blue eyes. I also got my personality from my father, but I got most of my appearance from my mother. I look at her and I see an older version of myself, somewhat short, skinny, round face, same hair, and same pale skin. My father is very tall, a little over six feet. He has neat light brown hair, a long face, and is slightly tanner than my mom.

"Is it really you?" I question them aloud. They both chuckle and smile brightly at me.

"Yes sweetheart, its us" my mom replies, taking my dad's hand in her own.

"I don't understand, how are you guys here?" I say, feeling more confused then I have ever felt.

"That doesn't matter, pumpkin" my dad replies instantly in a calming voice. "All that matters is that we're here and we're a family again."

"Come with us, Alaina" my mom says, outstretching her hand for me to take. "If you come with us, we'll never be apart ever again, we'll be a family again, Alaina."

I stare at my mother, contemplating her offer. I would give anything to have my parents back, but this all seems to good to be true. Plus, if I went with my parents, that would mean abandoning Peter, and I know he would be devastated if I left.

"Well, mom the thing is, I met someone" I say shyly, looking down at my feet.

"Really? That's great sweetie, but..." my mom trails off and looks suddenly sad. "Your special someone can't come with us."

"B-but I can't ju-"

"ALAINA!" a familiar male English accent interrupts loudly.

"PETER!?" I shout back, instantly knowing who the voice belongs to.

"A-Alaina" the voice stutters, choking on its words.

I look over to my left and see Peter under another hovering light. He's lying on the ground shaking and wincing in pain. I rush over to him and crouch down to his aid.

"Peter what happened? A-are you okay?" I ask in a panicked tone, picking up his head and lying it in my lap.

"We were too late, Alaina" he utters weakly. "I'm dying, and there's nothing you can do to save me."

"No!, don't say that!" I shout, running my fingers through his hair. "I told you I was gonna save you and I will."

His eyes slowly start to shut and I go into full on panic mode. I can't loose him, I wont loose him.