The Arrival

Flying is one of the most incredible things I have ever experienced. I look down at the world below as the shadow and I fly together. I smile, knowing this world will soon be nothing but a distant memory. I look forward as we fly higher into the air. There it is. Second star to the right, and straight on 'till morning. Just like in the story. I close my eyes for a second. I can feel the cool night air flowing through my long, dark brown hair. This all felt like a dream; but I knew it was real. I open my eyes and see that we are in some clouds. The clouds part and I see my new home, Neverland. As we get closer to the island, I start to hear strange noises. It sounds like crying. It sounds like the crying was coming from multiple voices. I loose consentration while listening to the crys and I drop my book. I look down as the book falls into the ocean. I'm in complete shock. I can not believe what I just did. That book was all the happiness I had left and now its gone forever. I start to cry uncontrollably, the wind flowing against my face instantly drying my tears. Suddenly, our journey came to an end. The shadow drops me on a beach and flys away. "Where are you going? Come back!" I shout after it. I look around the beach and notice that its lit with torches. I can still hear the crys and I want to know where they are coming from. I start to feel a bit anxious. I'm new to the island and I have no idea where to go or what to do. I pull on the sleeves of my sweater and hug myself, in an attempt to calm myself down. Suddenly, I hear the sound of branches being stepped on and I jump. A couple of boys come out of the jungle with clubs and bow & arrows. 'They must be the lost boys,' I thought to myself.

"Hello there" the tall and lanky one speaks.

"Umm hi" I wave slightly, feeling extra anxious.

He's wearing a hooded cloak and carrying a club on his shoulder. I see tuffs of blond hair from under his hood and a scar running across his face. I wonder what he did that got him that scar.

"You must be Alaina" he says, walking closer.

"How do you know my name?" I question him while taking a step back.

He notices my hesitation and says "don't be scared, I'm not gonna hurt you."

"You didn't answer my question, how do you know my name?" I ask again.

"Pan's been expecting you" he answers with a smerk.

"He knows I'm here?" my eyes go big with shock.

"Of course he does...like I said, he's been expecting you" he repeats, swinging his club off his shoulder "now come on, lets go."

"Where are we going?" I ask, following him and the other lost boys.

"Man, do all girls ask this many questions? We're taking you to the lost boys camp" he answers, leading the group of boys and myself.

We walk for what feels like forever but we finally reached the camp. The camp is one big ball of energy. Boys dressed in dirty torn up clothes dance around a huge fire. Drums echoed in the night as the boys dance away. In the middle of the dance circle is a boy playing a pipe. He has messy yet neat brown hair and green eyes. The dancing boys seem to kinda worship him. Then it all clicked, He's Peter Pan.