Just a Nip

Its been a week since my fight with Peter. I've been hiding out in my tree house and avoiding camp at all costs. Its not necessarily because I'm still enraged with him, its mostly because I know if I keep seeing him I'm gonna give in to the side of me that wants him back. For the past week, he's been dropping by my tree house to check on me or bring me food and I would avoid any and all eye contact. I'm afraid if I stare too long into his mesmerizing green eyes, I'll surly give in. I miss him though, his kisses, his hugs, the way his hand feels in mine, and that adoring look in his eyes when he looks at me. There is still a side of me that wants to make Peter wait a little longer, that is still hesitating to forgive him and so far, that side is winning.

I'm starting to feel a little cooped up in my tree house, so I decided to go for a little walk, avoiding camp of course. I strolled along the trail and admired the beautiful forest scenery, complete with tall evergreen trees, various rocks covered with moss, and tiny forest animal like chipmunks and squirrels. I'm starting to feel a little better emotionally for the first time in a week and even forgot about my current situation for a moment or two. I'm brought back to reality when my ears hear voices somewhere near by. Curious, I follow the sound of the voices till I find myself in the middle of the jungle. I come to discover that the voices belong to Peter and an older lost boy named Arthur. Peter was scolding him about not following orders like he did with Trevor a while back. Arthur retaliated and talked back and snapped an attitude at Peter. Peter then did something that horrified and chilled me to the bone. Peter appeared to be grabbing Arthur by his back and Arthur winced and screamed in pain. What I saw next completely put me in a bewildered state. Peter ripped Arthur's shadow clean off his body and Arthur fell to the ground with a thud. Suddenly, Peter's shadow flew in form nowhere, took Arthur's shadow and flew away. I brought my hand to my mouth to muffle any noise that might be threatening to come out.

"That'll teach you not to disobey me" Peter said menacingly at Arthur's lifeless body. Peter's expression turned soft when he turned around and saw me hiding amongst the brush.

"Alania, you weren't meant to see that" he utters, his eyes bulging out, surprised to see me. He takes a step forward and I take a step back in response. I see it now, the monster he's been trying to conceal from me. I look at him with a different look in my eyes rather than my usual look of adoration, I look at him with fear.

"Alania" he whispers, reaching his hand up slightly. Scared of what he might do, I run away as fast as my legs could take me.

"Alania no, please don't be afraid, I wont hurt you" he shouts after me as the sound of branches being broken behind me fills my ears, meaning he's running after me. I quickly run past some bushes and I feel one of them scratch my leg. The pain I get from it feels like a sharp knife continuously stabbing me. I try and ignore the pain and keep running, but eventually, the pain becomes too much for me to handle and I have to stop. I sit down on the ground and pant like a dog sitting out in the sun. I look down at the leg that was scratched by the bushes and see that a hole was torn in my grey sweatpants, visibly showing the cut. The cut on my leg is black and the veins around my cut were unuslally prominent and where a black and blue color. Before I have time to think about what could be wrong with my leg, Peter comes running and slows to a small jog when he sees me sitting on the ground. I sit indian style with my injured leg at the bottom so he doesn't see it. He stands in front of me and offers me his hand so he can help me to my feet. I decline his offer and scoot away from him, still a little afraid of the Peter I saw when he ripped Arthur's shadow from his body.

"I told you I'm a monster, Alania" he says, pacing slightly. "That was the Peter Pan that I was afraid for you to see, and now that you've seen him, you'll never love me the way I love you."

I can tell by his voice that he's holding back tears. As strange as it may sound, in that moment, I realized that he really does care and that he really does love me. In that moment, I realized that I love him too and that I shouldn't be afraid of him because he'll never hurt me as long as he loves me.

"That's not ture" I utter suddenly. "Peter I know you're not perfect, nobody is. I know you have your flaws, but I love every single part of you, even the parts you think are the ugliest. I'm sorry if I was afraid before, because the truth is, I shouldn't be, because I know you'll never hurt me on purpose."

"What are you saying?" he asks softly, a gleam of hope shining in his eyes.

"I'm saying I forgive you Peter and...I love you" I respond, meaning every word and feeling like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

"I love you too, Alania" he whispers lovingly, tears of joy starting to brim his eyes. He walks over to me and takes both my hands to help me to my feet. He holds both my hands and we stare at each other like we haven't seen each other in years. We both go to lean in for our first kiss in a week when suddenly, a shooting pain courses through my leg and I let out a whine. I fall to the ground and hold my aching leg as I wince in pain.

"Alaina, whats wrong?" Peter asks concerningly, crouching down to help me.

"I scratched my leg on some bushes and it really hurts" I admit to him, rubbing at my wound. He takes my hand away to look at the injury. By the panicked look on his face, I can tell that its no ordinary scratch.

"Peter, what is it!? whats wrong!?" I exclaim, despretly waiting for his response.

"Remember that plant Hook had held up to your arm when he took you?" he says, taking my hand and holding tight.

"Dream Shade" I told him, looking into his concerned green eyes with my equally concerned blue ones. "You said it was the deadliest poison in the world."

"You where nipped by a Dream Shade plant, Alania" he chokes out, holding back tears once more. "Your dying."

"What?" I whisper, trembling at Peter's words. "This can't be true. I can't be dying!! THIS ISN'T FAIR!!!! WE JUST MADE UP!!! I DON'T WANT TO DIE NOW!!!"

I start to cry so much tears, I could probably make another ocean. Peter was crying just as much. I grab his face and bring his forehead to mine to look into those green eyes that I adore so much.

"Just when I finally found someone on this Earth to live for" I whisper to him, running my finger through his hair. I bring his lips to mine by pushing on the back of his head and I kiss him with all the love and passion I can. Butterflies fly around rapidly in my stomach and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up as we kiss passionately. We pull away as our lungs grew desperate for air, not that my lungs would be needing air for much longer. Peter slowly opens his eyes and looks at me, keeping his forehead pressed to mine.

"What if I told you I know how to save you?" he whispers.