Chapter 24

Points to note about the uncomfortable part of the story:

1. Alex has or had trust issues. (In a devastatingly great quantity.) And that's the father of all the freaking problems.

2. He didn't sleep with Maya willingly. While he was out of his mind drunk, Maya kinda took advantage of him. 

3. NEVER AGAIN he has sex with Maya after that night.

4. Kate is going through unbearable shit. But Alex didn't cause the car crash or cancer.

5. Now, let's not close our eyes to it but he's a victim in a way too.

So ultimately, it's his lack of faith in Kate, his insecurities and jealousy, and his brick head and filth mouth - that's all that his faults are. The rest of everything is Maya, and Kate's ill fate (that's me) that wouldn't just stop bringing in new troubles for her. 

Let's keep it all in mind while reading from here.

And no, I'm not saying that Kate's going to jump into Alex's arms the moment he will apologize. So, take it easy my angry readers! ;)

{This fantastic cover is created by ROSEBUD meeramiller007

{This fantastic cover is created by ROSEBUD meeramiller007. Undoubtedly, she's freaking talented in making covers. Love you, girl!}

~

Victor stormed down the hospital corridor like a madman. The worry, the fear, and the incredible fury boiling in a destructive mixture inside him kept aside the tiredness of driving for hours at stretch last night. Ellie had kept him updated about all the happenings since Kate's hospitalization to Alex's f*cking real face.

It was a miracle that he didn't get into a car crash on his way here. All the speeding tickets were a different case though.

He couldn't digest the fact that Kate had kept Alex's real identity as her motherf*cker of a husband - a secret. And the cherry on top was that she'd been working with that scoundrel all this time while everyone around stayed unaware.

How bloody much she had been hurting all this while! What must she had been feeling having to see the jerk loiter in front of her eyes! Victor could only imagine.

And to think that he had himself had her go on meetings with that Alex!

Victor cursed himself in his mind, and then he cursed muttering aloud. There, the father of all troubles was perched there on a chair.

Angry and frustrated, Victor grabbed Alex's collars and pulled the surprised guy to his feet. From the corner of his eyes, he could see people staring but before anyone could intervene, he placed a solid punch on Alex's face. That should leave a bruise, Victor thought but unfortunately, that didn't satisfy him a bit.