Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The two hour car journey passed quickly, seeing as I had Luke to entertain me. Luke and I took his car with my brother, while our parents shared my parent's car.

I smiled as we pulled into the stoned driveway.

I jumped out the car breathing deeply and loving the smell of the salt air.

I walked to the back of the car where Luke was unloading our luggage. I smiled when he passed me his small, extremely light bag while he dragged my bag towards the house.

"Did you have a good trip down here kids?" My mum asked.

"Yep," I smiled, not able to hide the excitement from my voice. "Is it okay if we go to the beach now?" I continued. My mum agreed so Luke and I immediately sprinted to our joining rooms to get changed. I flung my suitcase open and dug through my clothes. I decided on a sky blue strapless bikini and a pair of high waisted denim shorts and loose fitting top to go over the top. I let my hair hang down in loose curls and slipped my ray bans on.

"Ready?" I heard Luke call through my door.

"Yeah," I smiled, dashing towards the door and flinging it open. I couldn't help but rake my eyes down Luke as he stood in front of me. He was wearing black swimming shorts which sat low on his hips and a tight white t-shirt which showed off his toned body. When my eyes finally reached his face I realised he was doing exactly the same as me,

"When you've finished checking me out, can we go?" I smirked as his eyes snapped to my face and his cheeks darkened to a light shade of red. "Are you blushing?" I teased, pinching his cheeks.

"No!" He responded way too quickly.

"It's okay Luke," I giggled, "I know I look good," I finished.

"I look better," He retorted, his cocky smirk slipping back onto his face.

"Someone thinks a lot of themselves," I chuckled as we walked down the stairs and toward the back door of the house, which led straight out onto the beach.

"Well when you look like this you always look good," Luke smirked cockily.

We walked out the backdoor side by side, our hands occasionally brushing past each other, towards the beach. I heard the sea before I saw it and excitement instantly bubbled up inside of me.

"Race?" Luke asked, just as the idea popped into my mind. A smile immediately stretched across my face but I didn't bother responding I just started sprinting towards the sea. Luke was soon just behind me and just as I reached the sea his hands snaked around my waist, pulling me to a halt and spinning me around in the air. I shrieked as his grip loosened on me and he sent me flying into the sea. I sat up and glared at him, but he was laughing too hard to notice.

"I'm going to get you back for that," I said, jumping up from the sea and diving towards him but he jumped out the way so I face planted into the water. I managed to stand up again, spluttering due the large amount of sea water I just swallowed. When I finally managed to start breathing properly again I glared at Luke, who was hunched over laughing.

"That was so funny," he spluttered in-between laughter.

"That was not, that was your entire fault!" I try to say sternly but I could feel a smile tugging at the corner of my lips.

"You were the one who dived at me. I just did what anyone would do and moved out the way." He chuckled, still breathing heavily from laughing so much.

"Whatever," I said, splashing him with water.

We spent the next couple of hours in the sea until Luke decided he was hungry and we went to get lunch at one of the cafes that lined the beach.