Chapter X

Percy's POV

     I walked the busy, cold streets of NYC. Cautiously looking around for places that interest me and looking out for "HIRING" signs. Everywhere I looked, people flooded the streets, and once, I could've  sworn I saw Annabeth. I shook my head, getting the thought of her out of my head. But then, the memories started to come in; surviving through Tartarus together, our first kiss in Mt. Saint Helens, et cetera. I could hear her voice calling me "Seaweed Brain" in my head. I sighed and turned a corner to 3rd Avenue. I came across a bar, P.J Clarke's. As I walked in, I felt like I have just walked in an 1800s movie. Burgundy wood, rows of glass bottles, and fancy-dressed waiters polishing glasses. I took a seat at an empty barstool and scanned the menu that was already set in front of me.

     "What can I get for you today?" Asked a waiter, who was wearing a light blue button up with black dress pants. He had a strong italian accent, and his hair was sleeked back with gel. His name tag read, "Jimmy".

     "Um, can I try 'Clarke's Punch'?" I asked as I pointed on my menu.

     "Sure thing. I just need to see your ID." Jimmy asked.

     I pulled out my wallet and showed him my license. He smiled and nodded, and then he went to go fix my drink. I examined my surroundings, getting a comfy feeling. Men and women dined at tables, sipping their drinks and sharing laughs. Jimmy came back with my drink, setting it in front of me.

     "Thanks." I said, taking a sip (which, by the way, was delightful and delicious).

     "So what brings you here?" He asked.

     "Oh, I'm job hunting." I responded, taking another sip.

     Jimmy nodded. Then, we heard yelling coming from the kitchen.

     "I can't do this anymore!! This is a bunch of bullshit!!" A female voice screamed from the kitchen.

     "Then leave!!" Yelled a deeper female voice.

     "FINE!" The girl stormed out of the kitchen doors, causing a scene as all eyes paid attention to her. "I'm done with all your shit!!" And with that, the girl stomped out through the front doors. After a few seconds of awkward silence, everyone carried on with their conversations, and the deeper female voice, who I assumed was the boss, walked over to Jimmy and I as she rubbed her forehead.

     "This is horrible. Losing two employees in one week. Horrible." She said as she stood next to Jimmy as she fixed herself a drink.

     "It'sa gonna be okay, Patti." He rubbed her back. "We'll find better workers."

     I cleared my throat, trying to get Jimmy's attention. He soon caught on.

     "Oh, um, this young man here is looking for a job. His name is, um–"

     "Percy." I interrupted.

     Patti looked up at me. She smiled, holding her hand out. I shook it firmly, smiling back. "I'm Patti." She said. "So you're looking for a job?" She asked.

     "Yes ma'am." I nodded.

     "Would you be interested in being a bartender?"

     "Yes. Anything really." I beamed.

     "Just one question, " She mentioned. "How old are you?"

     "21." I responded.

     "Wow, I would've guessed you were eighteen or nineteen." She joked. "Welcome to the the team, Percy." She shot me a smile. "Jimmy here can tell you what to do to get started." She walked off into the kitchen.

     "Well, it seems that we have work to do." Jimmy smiled.

~~~~~~~
damn....this was short......

I know Nico isn't in this one, but its developinggg
-rezelda
p.s happy early valentine's day!! you can be #foreveralone with meee ;)