Chapter IV

Nico's POV

I woke up from my dream. It was still dark out, and car horns beeped below. My alarm clock on my bedside read 2:57 AM. I stared at my window, wide-eyed. I hate Cupid. I hate feelings. I tossed and turned in my cold bed. I got up to go into the bathroom, doing my usual business. After that, I walked into my living room, plopping myself onto the couch. My stomach grunted, telling me that it needs food. I really didn't want to have the leftovers from dinner, so I called up a 24 hour pizzeria. I ordered a small cheese pizza with mushrooms and gave them my address and apologized for ordering late. But then I remembered that it is a 24 hour pizzeria.

I sighed and turned on the television, setting it on mute. I really didn't want to be bothered at the moment, and the noise below sort of grown on me. My stomach continued rumbling. I glanced over at my cable bo and saw that it was 3:15. I rubbed my eyes and about three minutes later, there was a knock on the door.

"Finally." I grabbed my wallet off of the counter and opened my door. "How much do I owe y-whoa." I started going through my money and stopped when I looked up.

"Hi." Percy waved his hand, his other holding the handle to his luggage.

"Um. Hi?" I scratched my head, wondering why the hell he was here.

"May I?" Percy asked for entrance.

"Oh, yeah." I moved out of the way so he could come in. "Where's Annabeth?" I asked, closing the door behind him.

"Yeah, um, about that." Percy said as he set his luggage next to the sofa.

Then, there was a knock at the door. I got up and paid the delivery man, receiving my hot pizza. I walked back to the couch, setting the pizza box on the coffee table and took a seat on the sofa, keeping a safe distance between Percy and I. I took out a slice and handed one to Percy and helped myself.

"Thanks." Percy said. "So back to Annabeth." I could see pain in his eyes as he said her name. "Long story short, I told her that I'm...gay. And then she slapped me a couple of times. And then, that was the end of it." He shrugged, taking a bite of his pizza.

"Oh." I managed. But all I really thought about was when he said that he is gay. That's all that lingered in my mind. Plus the fact that he is single. But I can't think about that right now. He has just gone through a break up. It needs to take time. "I'm sorry." I said.

"Eh. It's cool, I guess." He said.

"You guess?" I asked, taking a bite.

"Yeah, man. I mean, I've been gay for a while now, but I was scared to tell anybody. But when you kissed me earlier, things just changed, I guess." Percy added.

I stayed quiet, taking in what Percy has just said. Was it just because of me? Was I the cause? It was kind of weird that he didn't ask about the kiss, but it didn't bother me. I remained quiet and just nodded.

"Do you mind if I stay here for the meantime?" Percy broke in.

I nodded slowly and finished my second slice of pizza and asked Percy if he wanted another, but he shook his head in refusal. I placed the pizza box in the refrigerator and went to my bedroom to get an extra couple blankets and pillows. I walked back into the living room where Percy was simply sitting on the couch in silence.

"Here." I threw the blankets and pillows onto the couch.

"Thanks." He called.

"Don't mention it. And you better not break anything, Jackson." I called back, walking into my room.

"Night!" Percy yelled with a little chuckle.

"Night." I said, rolling my eyes and not bothering to raise my voice.

~~~~~~~~~~
I know it was short..............I'm having writer's block.

but anywhore, thanks for readingg
-Rezelda