Oops!

"Katherine" says Mrs.Bentinkle, calling me up to present my children's book. I walk up to front board very nervously. What if they don't like my story? What if they don't think it's good enough? I hate presentations. I get overwhelmed because the fact that the whole class is listening to me.

I get up to the front and sit down on the chair that Mrs.Bentinkle put out for the presenters. I slowly open up the book I made called "Big Ship" and turn it towards the rest of the class.

I start reading "Once there was a ship. It was really, really big." The kids all look at my horrible drawing of a really big ship. "The shit was so big that all the others made fun of it." Everyone started laughing all of a sudden. I have no idea why, it's not really that funny. They're probably laughing at my bad pictures.

I start reading a lot faster. "The big ship starts to cry." I say and everyone bursts out laughing. I thought they would be over my drawing by now. I start getting really nervous. I look over at my teacher and she starts smiling.

I continue reading the book and no one stops laughing. I finish the book and head back to my seat as fast as I could. I take my rubric and my story to her desk to turn them in.

I sit down at my seat and tune everyone else out completely. I still don't know why everyone was laughing so hard. It's driving me nuts. The class is almost over and everyone talks to there friends. I just sit quietly because I don't really talk to anyone. Ever.

The bell rings and Mrs.Bentinkle pulls me aside as I walk out. "You did great!" she says. "I bet you're wondering why everyone was laughing during your story." I nod. "When you were talking about the big ship, your tongue slipped, and you said big 'shit'."

"Oh" I say and laugh. "I didn't mean to!" I continue and walk away. As I walk, I stop laughing. That's so embarrassing. But I would've laughed too if someone else had made that mistake. I knew that I would never forget this day.