Seventh Twine : The Confession

The white ceiling was the first thing she saw when she opened her eyes. It took her a few seconds to recognize it; it was the ceiling of her own room, in the palace. Slowly, Liz remembered about what happened before. The intruders tried to kidnap her, but she managed to fight back although that means she got some bruises. At least she showed that she's not that weak.

And then Leo came, to save her.

Liz closed her eyes, trying to remember again how that male came running to her, which made her cheeks suddenly bright red. Even remembering how Leo saved her enough to make her heart race.

What's wrong with her?

The lady tried to get up, into a sitting position on her own bed. It seemed that the bruise on her stomach pretty bad, since it really hurt right now. No one there except her in the room, but the sound of the door opened indicate that it wouldn't be like that much longer. Giana walked into the room, at first didn't see that Liz already woke up and just walked to the table to put the tray she hold. But the moment she turned around, Giana gasped.

"Milady!"

The older female walked—almost run—towards Liz. It's clear that she's worried about Liz, and also glad that she's awake now.

"Giana, how long I passed out?"

"Around four hours, milady. It's almost seven in the morning." The maid answered. She looked at Liz closely before she took a step back. "I will inform the physician and the prince that you woke up already, milady." Giana curtsied before once again swiftly walked away from Liz, exiting the room.

Looks like Giana told Leo first, since the prince came running to her room, stopped only right in front of the door. Liz couldn't see him, but she could hear his footsteps and by that she could know that he was running earlier.

Leo came in, still panting but trying to hide that fact. He approached Liz and sat on the edge of her bed. Like Giana, it's clear that he felt relieved that Liz already woke up. He took Liz's hands and hold them gently between his own hands. It felt like some kind of burden lifted up from his expression this instant.

"I'm alright." Liz said, "It's not that bad. I fainted because I'm weak, that's all. I'm sorry I made you worried." She felt so embarrassed, but that's the truth. She fainted for four hours, just for some bruises here and there in her body. Moreover, she made lots of people worried.

To her surprise, Leo caressed her cheek with his finger. "Please stop degrading yourself, Liz." His voice signified that he's hurt because of Liz's statement. "You're important to me."

Their eyes met, but only for seconds since Liz couldn't stand Leo's stares for a long time, especially when the male looked at her like that. She's not that stupid to not recognize his feeling. After all, the prince already made it clear twice before. But the problem is, her heart couldn't stand it. It was too much, and clearly not really good for her heart that beating twice faster than normal now.

"I'm sorry.."

"It's alright."

The silence came between them. One of Leo's hand still holding Liz's, which made her heart's beat didn't go back to normal. But to be honest, she didn't mind with their hand tangled together like this. The prince's presence made her feel calm, yet her heart beating fast. It's weird, and she didn't know how to explain this, but clearly she didn't mind it. Leo stared at their hands, as if he was looking for something, or thinking about something.

Liz didn't want to break the silence, since it's a bit comforting, but she needed to know one thing.

"The intruders." She said, and Leo's eyes back on staring at her. "Did you find out who are them?"