SIX

Eleanor, who cherished each moment she had gotten to spend with Francesco, couldn't have been more disappointed as she watched Francesco who had just been smiling and joking with her and now, he had shut himself completely down.

It was worsened by the woman who stood in front of them. This was the Jemma that Enzo had mentioned in passing. Jemma stood before them with a smile on her red-painted lips. Despite the word, her smile was eerily sincere.

"I thought that was you standing here." Jemma said politely, "I didn't mean to impose." She was wearing a deep green dress showing off her chest and Coke bottle-like body.

Eleanor had imagined her to be just as fiery as Giselle, with similar stature. Instead, she was the complete opposite of what Eleanor had imagined. Her hair was a deep red, nearly the color of mahogany. She had grey eyes that had at least appeared friendly.

Jemma was not the viper that Eleanor had imagined in her mind. There was an awkward silence between them, and Eleanor took the opportunity to introduce herself.

"Eleanor." Eleanor held her hand out to Jemma. Jemma gazed at her hand for a moment before accepting it.

"Eleanor?" Jemma repeated, her voice reminding Eleanor of Mary Poppins, "That is a beautiful name."

"Jemma, this is my fiancé, Eleanor." Francesco finally spoke, relieving Eleanor of having to respond. At the revelation, Jemma's perfect façade cracked for a brief moment before her smile widened.

Seeing a new patron the bartender walked back over to them, expecting an order. He leaned over the bar waiting patiently to take their orders.

"Vodka soda, please," Jemma asked politely, a lone patron offered his seat to her once he heard her voice, nearly stumbling away. Jemma picked up a napkin from the pile on the bar and wiped down the stool and countertop.

Eleanor wasn't sure she prevented herself from rolling her eyes, but the action was missed by Jemma, nonetheless.

The bartender turned expectantly to Eleanor and Francesco. Francesco went to wave him away, but Eleanor stopped him, "Can you make a Jack and Coke?"

The bartender gave her a laugh, "Sí." He said before walking away.

"Francesco, I had no idea that you were getting married, how did you two meet?" Jemma said.

Cara's actions were news to Eleanor, she hadn't even considered a wedding dress herself. Now her mother-in-law had contacted Francesco's ex for an assist. The revelation filled her with irritation, and she wished the bartender would hurry back with the drink already.

"A museum." Francesco was purposefully short.

"You have never been a fan of the arts."

"I have changed since the last time we spoke."

"In the past two months?" Jemma asked, "You haven't changed that much in the three years we were together.

The past two months? Eleanor questioned, what were they doing two months ago?

Eleanor took another sip.

Jemma was giving the illusion of a charismatic demeanor, but Eleanor could tell from the moment she had learned that they were engaged her irritation began to show.

Eleanor took another generous sip of the alcohol now placed in front of them, suddenly feeling a little better. From behind Jemma Enzo approached with a pained look on his face.