if you were here, i'd never have a fear

Kobra pulls the tarp from the car, and smiles at it. The dusty paint and rusted siding but it's still her. He runs his fingers over the "Look Alive, Sunshine".

¬¬¬¬

Party holds Umbrella tightly, his tears dropping onto her coat. She presses a kiss to his jaw and takes a deep breath. She slowly eases back from him.

He keeps his arms locked around her waist.

She doesn't remember why she saved him as her last goodbye. It's just making this harder.

"I love you, Gerard. So so much."

"I love you too, Ella. So so so much more."

He kisses her softly, like the sunset washing the sky in oranges and pinks. Kobra puts his hand on Umbrella's shoulder and she pulls away from her husband and kisses his forehead.

She walks to the Trans-Am and climbs in the passenger seat. She looks at Party, standing alone in front of the building, watchibg.

He raises his hand and waves, a signature Party Poison smirk on his face.

¬¬¬¬

It takes them six hours to reach the radio station. The moon is fully put when they pull in front of the building.

The new Killjoys abandon it, to use the newer one in Zone 5. That's as far as anyone dares to go into the radiation zone.

Umbrella lays on her back between the two graves, she looks at the sky, watching every star. Kobra lays on the outside of Cherri's grave, reaching his hand out for Umbrella's.

She interlocks their fingers and closes her eyes.

"So long and goodnight."

Epilogue and Alternate endings coming up.