Chapter 2: Brand New Tributes and Trouble

"Are you ready to begin the reaping?" President Paylor asks in her posh voice.

Peeta and I nod with worry. First time being head gamemaker means first time hosting the reaping. How exciting.

I remember this day last year. Picking out Serena's name gave me the shivers. Poor Sandy. She was beyond frightened and now she's gone. Put in a hole five feet underground. Never to be seen alive and happy ever again, happily in heaven with the remains of Ryder.

''Ready as we'll ever be, I guess,'' Peeta shrugs.

"Wonderful," she says with a smile, "Start when you're ready, my dears."

Peeta gives me an encouraging smile before clearing his throat to begin his introduction to the reaping that we rehearsed, "Hello citizens of Panem and a special hello to the citizens of the Capitol. Katniss and I are here today to give our speeches about this year's Capitol Games and to introduce our new tributes."

He passes the microphone to me and I continue, "Last year was great fun and this year will be even better because Peeta and I will be head gamemakers, making sure that this year's games will be the best out of the twelve. We will be saying goodbye to District 1 and hello to District 2 as we venture there for our second annual Capitol Games."

"This will be a new experience for us and our brand new tributes. It will be an experience like none before and we hope that for you guys watching at home, it will be the best experience ever. On behalf of both Katniss and I, I can tell you that we are very excited to be hosting this year's games, right Katniss?" Peeta says into the microphone.

I can barely say it, "Yes."

"Let the reapings begin!" Peeta announces in his best impression of a cheery voice.

Mentor by mentor, they all go up and pick one boy and one girl. I can't remember all of the tributes, but there are a few who catch my eye. Of course, Serena is picked because she is obliged to participate this year. There is a beautiful girl with short brown hair and these glowing green eyes. There are a few boys who look extremely handsome and another few who look extremely strong. There are a few large ones and a few small ones, as usual.

Jolde, last year's winner, and the mentor that is replacing Peeta and I, reaches into the round reaping bowl, "Atlas Cronin!" A large boy comes up to the stage and gives a wave and a grunt.

Jolde rolls his eyes and sticks his hand into the girls' reaping bowl, "Loelle Fielders."

I choke on absolutely nothing. Loelle Fielders? She's the girl who died forty years ago and was foul played by a girl in The Capitol Games last year named Althea Ivory. Althea died in the arena and I tried to find everything I could about her, All I got is that she came from District 5.

As Peeta pats my back because of my coughing, a girl who looks exactly like Althea comes to the stage. I cough harder, so hard that there are tears brimming my eyes. She has the same vibrant red hair and her face has the exact same features. The only difference is that Althea had green eyes and this girl has blue.

"Katniss? Do you need to go? Your coughing is becoming worst," Peeta informs me of the obvious.

I brush him off, "No."

His face becomes concerned, "Is it that tribute? She looks fimiliar doesn't she?"

"No she doesn't look fimiliar, she looks exactly like Althea Ivory," I tell him between small coughs.

"Didn't it say Althea Ivory on that napkin smeared with blood. I thought you didn't know who that was," his voice is purely confused.

"Althea Ivory is Loelle Fielders," I dead pan.