A New Perspective

~Preview~

"It's not an easy job," Plutarch tells us. He is still bitter about the fact that we got his job and apparently his 'passion'.

"That's kind of obvious," Peeta dead pans.

I chuckle, "So what do we do?"

"As gamemakers, you must make sure that the audience is satisfied with the number of deaths and that they are enjoying the show," Plutarch walks up to the door of our bedroom. We are all still in District 1, but we will soon be headed to District 2 after the reaping.

"What's the arena like this year?" Peeta questions.

Plutarch shakes his head, "Not so fast baker boy. You'll find out as soon as they are done building it."

"They aren't finished yet?" I almost choke on the water I was gulping down. They usually finish the arenas years before the games happen.

Plutarch opens the door to our room, "It's complicated."

"Sure," I scoff. I throw myself onto the soft bed.

"You two better come down for dinner today. Why weren't you guys at dinner yesterday?" he asks.

Peeta plops himself down on the bed beside me, "Annie had her baby yesterday, don't you remember?"

"Was that what all the commotion was about?" he inquires obliviously.

I nod, "We had to take her to a birth station and the closest one is the one at the edge of District 1, so we missed dinner."

Plutarch nods, "Well come tonight."

"We'll try our best," Peeta replies, brushing some stray hair away from my face.

When Plutarch was halfway through our door, he turned around, "Katniss? Peeta?"

We both turn our heads in his direction, with focused eyes.

"Being a gamemaker will be more different then anything you have ever experienced. I'm sure you guys feel horrible with that position right now, but a new perspective could be fun," with that he walks out.

~~~~~~~~~

HI!

It's me:)

I hope you enjoyed this mini preview of the first chapter:) It was hard to write because Philip Seymour Hoffman, who plays Plutarch died yesterday and...

I have established(ooooo....fancy word) a posting scheduale for this book:) I will post on Sundays!!!!

Please leave your thought in the comments and vote if you think this book will be good!!!

-xxx