Chapter 3: PDA

The gamemaker's room is smaller than I thought. There is round table in the middle, supposedly supposed to show the whole arena once it is complete.

There are many other gamemakers sitting around us, each if them controlling something different. Some control the temperature, others control the location of each tribute. Thankfully, that all welcomed us with wide arms and big kisses.

"Will you please tell us what the arena will be like this year?" I impatiently ask Plutarch as I spin around in a wheeled computer chair.

He places his hands on the table, "The arena will be in the mountains. There will be large mountains. small mountains and everything in between. There will be one stream of water in the entire arena and lots if animal to hunt if you know how. There will be a pine forest behind the mountains, but most of the tribute will be dead before that can reach it."

"That sounds horrible," Peeta mumbles in distaste.

"Agreed, but that is your job," Plutarch reminds us for the sixth time.

I roll my eyes and grab a banana off of the fruit bowl on the enter of the table, "We know. You've mentioned it a lot."

Plutarch paces around the room, as if not hearing w

hat I had just said. His head is down and his fingers rubbing the inner corners if his eyeballs. He looks tired and a bit nervous.

"Are you okay, Plutarch?" Peeta asks what is on my mind.

"I hate handing my job down to a pair of amateurs," he spits out in distaste. His voice is the same grumpy tone as it was in the last week. His hands run through his hair and he looks extremely stressed out, with his wrinkle looking wrinklier.

I look at Peeta who shrugs meaninglessly. Plutarch has never been really nice to us anyways. I suppose that it's normal for him to say something like this and besides, what he says is true; we are amateurs. I'm like a lost little puppy and Peeta is only slightly better than me.

After Plutarch leaves the gamemakers room shamefully, I can finally breath. Being around Plutarch is somehow making me nervous.

"Any ideas for the games?" Peeta hugs me from behind and buries his face into the nook of my neck.

I shiver at his touch and smile as harmony plays through my head, "Not when you're doing that."

"Just admit it, I am hands-down the best husband you'll ever have," he begind to place soft kisses on the sensitive spot on my neck.

Anyone other than me would have felt sexually attracted to him, but I giggled. I haven't had a good tickle since my dad used to play with me in the woods by chasing me around and once he caught me, I was madly attacked with tickles.

"You are the hands-down only husband I'll ever have," I assure him between giggles.

His grip around my waist tightens and he rocks us back and forth, "I'm glad you feel that way. This position is very comfortable."

The adrenaline that is coursing through me right now is more than anyone can imagine. I've never been this close to a boy before. Sometimes, I had to be pretty close to Gale during hunting to fit in small places, but it was never so close that I would be rubbing against him at even the slightest move. It's enjoyable, for sure, but also despicable.

"You are making me have a heart attack," I mumble.

Peeta is making me forget all my woes and remember what a wonderful husband I have. Trust me, I have a lot of woes to worry be throughout my life. From the arenas to the tributes to the many who have died for me.

"The arenas and President Snow did give me something amazing," His nose rubs against my hair, which rubs against my neck.

What could the arena have possibly given him? Fear? Nightmares? And President Snow is another story. All he gave me was a reason to fight. That reason was because I wanted to kill him and his stupid Hunger Games. I got what I wanted, but my sister, Prim, Finnick, and so much more were killed in the process.

"What is that?"

"You."

A few years ago, if Peeta said that, I would've wanted to slap him. Now, I know that Peeta isn't trying to make me look vulnerable or trying to get me to like him so he can kill me later on. I already love him.

I hear someone gag behind us, "Can you to stop that mumbo-jumbo sweet stuff?"

Peeta let's go of me and we turn to see Johanna and Gale. Gale is smiling, whereas his girlfriend looks just about ready to barf. I can understand how Johanna feels about PDA because it is a bit gross to watch to people get all over each other.

A faint blush appears on my cheeks, ''Is it really our faults that you two ventured in here? We didn't ask for you to come, you just showed up in a place only gamemakers are allowed to be in.'' I point at the door, as a signal for them to get out, but their feet are planted firmly on the ground.

''Katnss is right. You two will get into trouble,'' Peeta confirms.

''Trouble, shmouble. We've never been in here and it seems like a great adventure,'' Johanna rushes to touch the center table.

Gale grabs Johanna by the wrist, ''I think they're right. I really wouldn't want to get on the gamemaker's bad side and have them not let me stay on the train with you.''

Johanna smiles and rushes back into Gale's arms. She gives him a peck on the mouth and it's officially my turn to begin gagging. I love both Gale and Johanna, but seeing them touch lips is too much for my brain and eyes to handle.

''Get a room, will you?'' I push the happy couple out of the room and shut and lock the doors.

It's back to the peacefulness of just Peeta and I again. He wraps his hands around my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck. We just stand there embracing each other. Peeta calms me down after a long day of learning about gamemaking. I still can hardly believe that we're supposed to be entertaining people with the deaths of children. If I could, I would quit, but as President's orders, I can't. 

''Katniss,'' Peeta runs his fingers through my hair.

''Hm?''

''We have to get ready for the tribute parade. We need to make sure the tributes are all prepared on their chariots and such. We got to go.''

I can finally meet the girl who looks exactly like Althea.

-----

Hi again. This book was on hold, then it was jst not being written, then this, then that and now, finally chapter 3. Sorry:) I will now have an official posting schedule which is every Thursday! I know that this chapter is a bit short, but don't worry; the future ones will be longer.

Once again, can you do me a huge favour and check out my new book: Then It Hits Me. Just click the external link to find it! Thanks so much!

Question: Who is still with this book?

This chapter is dedicated to one of my fans: AwesomeCookie26

-xxx