Chapter Five

"I'm going to the cottage to retrieve some materials for you. Make sure to tell the boys when they get out of the meeting." Ophelia announced as she made her way out of the palace.

The boys finally resumed work, not able to push it off any longer. She walked out the house holding her stomach in the process, this morning was a joyful one as she woke to the babies playing soccer in her stomach. It was a weird pleasant feeling for Ophelia, and the boys couldn't wipe the smiles off their faces.

She made it to the cottage but it felt different, it was eerie quiet and she knew that is how it is supposed to be but the silence presented at that moment was different.

She landed on her butt when she saw two figures before her, staring at her with large warm smiles. She was beyond astonished and couldn't believe her eyes.

"Hello Ophelia, it is finally nice to meet you, we hate it to be under these circumstances but I had to see why my boys were loving each other once and for all again for myself." Their mother announced, Ophelia has seen plenty of pictures of Kratos, and Kyros mother and father to know for sure, these were the people standing before her.

She shook her head and tried to get rid of those images, maybe this was a symptom of being pregnant, hallucinations. "Oh dear, I understand how this can be so confusing. Care to join us?" Their father asked.

She absentmindedly nodded her head yes. Both of her hands were grabbed and she was brought to another realm it seemed like. Everything was a manilla color and seemed to be light and soft. "Here sit down dear. Those children in your womb seem to be giving you a hard time."

As the boy's parents were making her comfortable, the boys were going crazy. They felt their connection to their little human disappear. As soon as their parents took Ophelia into another world their beast took over, noticing they could not feel her soul anymore.

They went on a manhunt, first starting with the Grandmother, demanding her location. "She was off to the cottage to retrieve some items." She said crying, knowing that if they could not feel her, she was gone, dead, no more.

They tracked her scent to the cottage, they were surrounded by guards, they would be vulnerable if they found her dead, they wouldn't be able to function without her. She was the glue to their poorly put together stick house.

The cottage had a green poisonous fog around it, they would not be able to enter as of yet. Kyros using his powers, used wind to move the air from around the house and blew northerly, away from the palace, their people, and sweet Ophelia.

They walked in slowly scanning the room before the eyes landed on a still lifeless Ophelia. They rushed to her body, looking for a way to bring her back to life.

"I am confused." Ophelia said to their mother.

"We are ghost. We were killed out of innocence, and in result we did not fully die, but got stuck in a place between heaven and hell, we came to meet with you to show our appreciation of cleaning up our mess." She explained for the second time.

Ophelia pondered over it, before settling for it to be the truth. "What mess did you make?"

"Keeping our boys separated." Their father said sitting down as he gave her a cup of tea.

"We thought it was the best idea because there was never a situation when there were twin kings. No one knew what to do, and it seemed absurd at the time." Their mother said with a far away look.

They made a mistake as parents that was hard to undo, "It's understandable."

They looked up surprised. "You guys thought it was the best decision at the time and followed through with it, not knowing that it would cause destruction in the long run." Ophelia said as she rubbed her aching belly, they were giving her a hard time today.

"We wanted to talk to you and make sure you don't make the same mistake as we did but you are only having one boy so it won't be too much of a hassle." So one girl and one boy, Ophelia thought as she let the new information sink in.

They went crazy, killing the first thing in sight, which was a innocent guard that did not do anything. That was the problem, why didn't they monitor her, when she left the palace the guards should have been on her.

"We killed her." Kratos said falling to his knees. Kyros couldn't feel sorry, he was furious, he lost his love, the only person who brought him sanity, calmness, she gave him humanity.

"The poison leaked from our weapons to kill each other and in returned killed our innocent little Ophelia and our children." Kratos said staring at the pen he gave her once to stab Kyros with.

Bile rose to his mouth in the thought of killing his brother, it rose again to the thought of him being the cause of her death. They killed their own mate, they were the reason behind this mystery.

Ophelia laughed and conversed with the couple, not realizing what was happening on earth, she didn't so much as think about what they thought, or how they would think she was missing. She enjoyed the company of a couple who treated her like a daughter, she also did not get to speak to other people due to her possessive mates.

Days passed which only felt like hours to Ophelia, they placed her in a mausoleum, giving her the burial she deserved.

She was innocent. A peacemaker. A lover. Strong Willed. Beautiful. They couldn't live without her.

They made sure to update their wills, making sure they left the correct things to the correct person. The twin brothers made a pact to kill themselves together. There was no point in living, no point in walking this earth if the one person they lived for was gone.

They carried the ropes they were going to hang themselves on quietly through the forest, not speaking a word to one another. The two men above everyone, the ones that were the most powerful on earth, the twins that everyone feared, were killing themselves over a girl they barely got to love for two years.

They wrapped their individual ropes on the large tree and stood on the bulging branches as the rope was wrapped tightly around their necks. They were going to jump before rage flashed before their eyes.

"Oh dear we must send you back now, can't have those boys going crazy without you." Their mother spoke to her.

"It's only been a couple of hours, I'm sure they are still in that meeting." She huffed disappointedly.

She was in a box in the blink of an eye, she was confused. What just happened? She thought as she tried to push the walls of the small confinements of the rectangular box.

The boys thought their minds were playing tricks on them as they felt their souls reconnect with the late Ophelia, they dare not leave the earth at a time when their minds and hearts were playing tricks on them. They needed to leave with their conscious clear and blank.