Chapter Two

I preferred catering to the King, he allowed me to stay and talk to him. At first it was awkward but then I would talk his ear off and apologize, he would make me continue, saying he was entertained.

He also gave the best back rubs, my skin was healing nicely with the cream he was applying and I always thanked him a million and one times.

Though he never did chuckle, or laugh, I never knew if I was annoying him, if my jokes were funny or if he was bored with me. I don't even know if he smiled. I would try to leave after I delivered his food but he demanded I stay and talk to him.

"You look exquisite in that dress." He complimented, he made me not wear the work clothes anymore which consisted of a white polo shirt and khaki Capri pants.

He wanted me to express myself through clothes, so I did wearing the beautiful sets that were in the closet in the room I was staying in.

I talked of my past to him and I didn't think it was that bad but he would growl at the parts the rough patches I had in my life.

The other day when I went to the market to gather some things for my grandmother I met a boy around my age, I gave up on the mystery man after the ball, he was a no show and I have decided to move on.

My grandmother was making baby blankets stating that I would soon be married with children.

I brushed it off but she was adamant. Today I was going on a date with the man I met at the market. I dressed in a yellow sundress that came just above my knee, not knowing if he wanted me to dress nicely or casually.

I was meeting him in 30 minutes, I needed to leave now  to be at the market in time.

I walked to the first booth in the small village town to smell the candles when I felt his hands around me.

"Marco, what a nice surprise." I giggled. He kissed my cheek, then a gentle one on my neck, I shivered to the shock of pleasure.

"How is it a surprise if we planned this love?" I smiled and we left hand in hand. He brought me to his car. Only the rich and people of a higher status have cars in this town.

"Are we allowed off of palace grounds?" He smiled and took my hand and kissed it. "Yes I got permission." He said, I learned he was one of the royal guards, it explained his muscles and tall demeanor.

He told me we will be eating at a restaurant, that I would surely fall in love with. He wanted me to try something different.

Stepping out of the car that Marco opened for me, I was slammed to the car with full force. "Mine." The blur of a man growled. My back ached from the slam as it seemed I made a dent into the car. The man that so harshly pushed me into the car was dressed in black from head to toe. No it couldn't be.

He growled at Marco and hugged me to his body. "Mine." He repeated.

My body erupted into a fire with that word. "Forgive me Alpha." Marco said tilting his head forward in respect.

I was lifted and carried away by a growling King. He walked back to the house, everyone that we passed lowered their head as he passed, he was showing everyone that I belonged to him, he growled to confirm it.

Once we reached the palace we went to his room. I was literally thrown onto the bed. He didn't speak a word, he shifted into his wolf. Stalked around me, his wolf was the biggest ever. It was the wolf that haunted some of my dreams. The wolf that chased me to the cottage that one night.

How long has he known we were mates? He left quickly speeding out of the room. I laid back on the bed, surprised. He was the mystery man, the one who gave me those gifts. He smelled just like him, how could I not have noticed?