Never Again Chapter Three: Pissing Off a Witch

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update, lol. This is the first time I've written a TVD fanfic that follwos the episodes of the show, so it took me a little while to figure out how I want these next two chapters to pan out. The sad thing is, I have everything planned out for later on when Klaus arrives and all that and the whole third season, and yet I'm still clueless as to what I want to happen here and now in the story lol.

I have a lot of ideas though, and once Klaus enters the picture, be prepared for awesomeness lol XD

The sad thing is that while I was typing this chapter, instead of listening to Damon/Clare's playlist that I created, I was (And still am) listening to Klaus/Clare's playlist lol XD Including their main song, which is "Your Guardian Angel" by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Still not sure what Damon and Clare's main song will be...

~~~

Beautiful Monster by Ne-yo

In her eyes, there's love and fire

In my heart, she's burning through

But I don't mind, in fact, I like it

Though I'm terrified, I'm turned on but scared of you

~~~

Chapter Three

Kayla burst out laughing at the expression on her mother's face as the witch glared sleepily at a smirking Damon, obviously not happy over having been woken up.

"Why the hell did you see fit to wake me up at…" Clare looked at the time and her scowl worsened. "Noon? Why the hell didn't you two wake me up sooner!" She threw back her covers, momentarily forgetting that she usually slept in a slinky tanktop and short white shorts.

"Nice." Damon remarked approvingly, his eyes moving up and down the brunette's frame.

This time, Clare wasn't the only one glaring at the vampire. "Did you know that the most painful way to kill someone is to give them a shot of adrenaline to prevent them from passing out while being tortured?" Kayla asked with a creepy smile as she looked at Damon with wide, grey blue eyes.

Clare gave her daughter an approving look. "She's right, Damon. So unless you want that theory tested on you…"

"I'll be downstairs." He confirmed with a smirk. "Oh," He said right before he walked out the door. "Wear something nice. You're coming to the Historical Society Volunteer Day thingy with me. You too brat, don't want you getting into any trouble while the grown ups are away." Smirking, Damon shut the door behind him.

"He's not right in the head, is he?" Kayla questioned her mother who was in the process of stretching.

Clare gave her daughter an amused look. "No, he isn't. If he was, would he seriously be provoking a thousand year old witch and her daughter?"

Kayla grinned at that before becoming serious. "What Damon neglected to tell you was that Mason Lockwood is going to be at this picnic. I have a feeling that something big is going to go down."

Clare nodded slowly. Kayla had always been able to tell when something big was going to happen, whether it was bad or good they never knew until everything played out. "Meaning this Mason guy is probably going to attempt to get revenge against Damon for trying to kill him." Clare bit on her lower lip in deep thought before looking at her daughter. "Grab the grimoire out of my bag and bring it just in case."

The auburn haired woman nodded obediently. "Want me to bring my daggers?"

"No," her mother responded after a moment of thought. "Magic is harder to track…" Clare bit her lower lip. "Actually, yeah. Bring them just in case you need them. I don't want to risk the town council finding out that you're a vampire."