Never Again Chapter One: Pains of the Past

I've had this idea for a while so I thought that I should finally start it and see what you all think! Tell me if you like it and think I should continue it!

Theme song for story: The Way I Loved You by Taylor Swift

But I've been screaming and fighting
And kissing in the rain
And it's two a.m. and I'm cursin' your name
You're so in love that you act insane
And that's the way I loved you

Breakin' down and comin' undone
It's a roller-coaster kinda rush
And I never knew I could feel that much
And that's the way I loved you

~~~

A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
Heart beats fast

Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid
To fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away somehow
One step closer

~~~

Treasure everything while it lasts…

Mystic Falls, 1009

"Why are we doing this?" A woman with long, honey brown hair questioned as her grey blue eyes watched the younger, blonde woman carve her name into the cave wall.

"So the people of the future can remember us." Rebekah replied smiling.

"What if no one ever thinks to explore these caves?" The woman remarked innocently, a grin on her face.

Rebekah rolled her eyes. "Honestly, Clara. You're worse than Nik."

Clarissa pursed her lips, pouting. "You do not have to insult me, you know."

"Why ever not when it is so much fun?" Rebekah grinned over at her friend.

"What are you two doing in here?" A voice asked annoyed. Niklaus eyed the dagger in his sister's hand, causing him to raise an eyebrow. "Am I interrupting a murder?" He grinned.

"Yours." Clara muttered annoyed as she rolled her eyes.

Rebekah stared at her brother as if he was an idiot. "Oh please," she rolled her eyes. "If you must know, we were writing out names."

"Shouldn't you be in the kitchen helping mother?" Klaus teased his sister. "Why don't you leave handling weapons to men." He smirked.

Clara narrowed her eyes and contemplated turning him into a toad. Not that she could, but still…the idea was pretty appealing at the moment.

Rebekah smirked. "Alright brother." She handed him the dagger blade first, causing it to slice his hand. "Handle it like a man." She turned to Clara. "You coming?"

The brunette shook her head and smiled. "I will be back in a little while."

The blonde smirked as she looked back and forth between her brother and her friend. "Have fun." She walked out.

Clara rolled her eyes before walking over to Niklaus. "How's your hand?" She inquired.

"It's fine." He stated, looking irritated as he examined the wound.

Clara smiled. "Want me to show you what your mother just taught me?"

Curious green eyes looked at her. "Alright…"

Clara beamed excitedly before taking his injured hand. She closed her eyes and whispered a chant. A small, soft, light blue light surrounded the minor wound.

Niklaus, however, couldn't care less about the minor injury. Instead, his eyes remained on the woman's face, on the glow of excitement that seemed to envelope it. The look on his face softened as she opened her grey blue eyes that looked up at him with the excitement of a child.