Never Again Chapter Two: The Sister

Lights Out by Breaking Benjamin

Now you want to take me down

As if I even care

I am the monster in your head

And I thought you'd learn by now

It seems you haven't yet

I am the venom in your skin

~~~~~

Chapter Two

"You have got to be kidding me." Clare stated, grey blue eyes on the black haired man sitting at the bar who was currently flirting with some woman at the bar.

"He really doesn't know how to keep it in his pants." Kayla snickered, her eyes on Damon as well.

Clare couldn't help but grin as she shook her head. "He never changes, does he?"

"Nope. I'm gonna find someone to take a bit of, text me when you're done humiliating Damon." Her daughter told her before walking off.

She knows me way too well, Clare thought with amusement.

Smirking, she walked over to Damon who was still charming the woman at the bar. With a fake innocent look on her face and wide eyes, Clare ran up to Damon. "There you are! I though you said you'd meet me out front." She puckered out her lower lip in a pout.

Damon blinked surprised as he looked at Clare. "Clare?"

"Don't tell me you forgot! I mean, what kind of guy forgets his own girlfriend." Clare emphasized the last word and inwardly smirked when the other woman spoke.

"Girlfriend?" The woman narrowed her eyes at Damon before chucking the contents of her glass on him and walking away.

Clare burst out laughing at the look on Damon's face as he glared at her, his now wet hair clinging to the sides of his face. "Was that really necessary?" He inquired annoyed.

"Pretty much, yeah." Clare grinned as she took the seat next to him. "That's what you get for not being at your house when you knew we were coming."

"We?" Damon groaned as he turned to face the brunette fully. "Please don't tell me you brought the brat with you."

"You two really don't like each other." Clare remarked amused as she ordered a bourbon and fries for herself.

"Hmm, I wonder why?" Damon replied dryly. He took a gulp from his drink before looking at her and saying, "And considering you just got beer dumped on me, you're not very high on my buddy buddy list either."

Clare snorted. "Please. You deserved it." She bit into a fry before looking at Damon. "So, what's the problem?"

"Did you know that werewolves exist?" Damon answered her with a question.

The brunette raised an eyebrow at him. "Yeah…they predate vampires. Why?"

Her answer seemed to annoy him. "Why am I the last one to find out these things?"

Clare rolled her eyes. "It's pretty much common sense, hon. If vampires exist, wouldn't it be correct to assume that werewolves do as well?" She frowned as she examined her friend's face. "What's going on, D?"

"A werewolf's in town after some kind of way to break the Sun and the Moon curse." Damon smirked before taking another gulp out of his drink.

"The Sun and the Moon curse?" Clare whispered, a confused frown growing on her usually smiling face. There was no such thing as far as she knew. She groaned and rubbed her forehead. "I have such a headache." She muttered before looking at Damon. "So what do you need me to do?" The witch inquired.