fifth: end

"Don't be fooled by his sweet lies and actions. He's only using you," she says as she stares right into my eyes, without even blinking.

"What are you trying to say?" I ask, confused as ever.

"Look, I'm trying to help you. Trust me on this one. I know him, I've known him far longer than you. Don't let him fool you."

I storm out of the locker room, no longer wanting to hear any information I shouldn't believe in.

It's currently dismissal.

Earlier, I was on my way to get something I left behind during last weekend's try-outs until I was suddenly cornered by one of my swim mates, the one who tied with me. She startled me by appearing out of nowhere and bad-mouthing Joo Hyuk.

Her name is Park Kyung Shin.

I'm done with her. I don't need her to attempt to separate Joo Hyuk and me. He's a good friend, someone I don't want to lose.

Right after I exit the pool arena, I am embraced by a familiar scent, Joo Hyuk's. He smiles, showing his cheekiness. Unconsciously, my lips form a smile too.

"Let's go," he says and he interlocks my fingers with his.

"Where?" I ask him, but he doesn't reply with a single word. He just leads me outside school and to who knows where.

We have a silent walk, so I decide to break it. "So there was this girl....." I trail off.

"What girl?" He asks me, probably shocked to hear me talk after a long moment of no words.

"She said she knew you for a long time and that... I shouldn't be fooled by your lies nor actions."

"And so? What? Do you believe her? Who is this girl anyway?"

"No, it's not that I believe in her but she told me her name is Park Kyung Shin. I don't know her but apparently she has knowledge of you."

He doesn't reply, he has a gaze, one that I can't comprehend. I don't know what's going on in his mind right now.

"Did you say Park Kyung Shin?"

"Yeah, do you know her?"

"I guess you could say that."

"What do you mean?" I say as I make an abrupt stop.

"What I mean is, yeah, I do know her. I don't have anything to do with her anymore."

"Anymore? Care to explain."

"Look, she's my ex. We dated for a short while some time ago. That's all there is to it."

I don't know why I'm boiling up with emotions right now. I'm feeling more sensitive than usual and it's probably because I'm on my period.

"So how come she told me not to be fooled by you? What did you do to her for her to say such a thing?"

"I don't know. But please trust me. Don't let her words waver our friendship."

I don't reply anymore. I'm too tired to argue with him, and I feel like we already have an understanding between each other.

We continue to walk to our destination, wherever it is.

In a while, we arrive in a beautiful place with a lot of colorful lights. I look up in disbelief that such a place exists. It's seriously amazing here.

"Wow, what is this place?" I say, still looking up and around.

"It's a new place full of LED lights owned by my aunt. It isn't open yet, so you're in luck because we have this place all to ourselves."

"Such a pretty place full of lights, what for?"

"Just a normal place, you know. It's the kind of place for dates and..."

"And what?"

"And for things like this."

He grabs my hand and brings me into a warm embrace.

I feel his body on mine, and my cheeks warm up. I probably look like a tomato, but I can't help but feel this way.

"I've always wanted to tell you something..." he starts to say.

But whatever he said was inaudible to me because suddenly music started out of nowhere.

I become lost in thought. I don't have the chance to hear what he has to say, but the only thing on my mind is this moment. Right here and now. The present. This warm embrace can satisfy me for a lifetime. This one moment in time is something I'll always treasure because it's something I haven't felt.

This feeling of happiness.

Genuineness.

Love.

- - - e n d - - -

*to all of my old readers: i changed the ending because it sucked lol -13 aug 2018-*

so this is the end of my long "one-shot" (well it isn't a one-shot bc it has more than 1 chapter lol)

PLEASE KNOW THIS!!:
i am going to make a longer version of this book so please wait for it :) it will be published by may this year!

thank you for the reads & votes, i super appreciate them! i didn't expect anyone to even read this :)

im happy i got to finish this book and share this with you, dear readers <3

ciao, fabjules.

until next time~

vote, comment and share~

written [170312]
published [170314]
rewritten/republished [180813]