The Letter

Below is the letter sent to each author. Though the wording may have varied slightly in each response, the general outline was the same. 

"Hello and thank you for replying to my post! So I'm not yet telling the writers involved what I want the end result of this project to be, because I want it to be a surprise from them as much as the readers. What I can tell you is that I want to bring together writers in a way that I've never seen done before. I've chosen 14 broad topics that are very well known in the poetry world. For each of these I am asking that the writer compose a 4 line poem that depicts their specific point of view on the topic. I want them to be your style, your emotion, you're 100% take on each one, whether it be dark or light, rhyming or free form, abstract or not. I know some are harder than others, especially with the limiting line count, but I believe that everyone has a strong point of view for each if they dig deep enough. When your done PM your work with the topic titling each open. From these at least one will be chosen for the project. I ask that you do them all because there is a chance several could be used. Anything that is chosen will clearly be displayed as your own work when all is said and done.

These are the topics

1. Surprise 2. Overcoming 3. Love 4. Tragedy 5. Death 6. Family 7. Vulnerability 8. Expectations 9. Friendship 10. Inspiration 11. Beauty 12. Failure 13. Growth 14. Trust

They can be interpreted however you as a person see them.

Other than that, all I ask is that what you write be kept off your page until the project is done so it is all new material when it is finished.

When it is completed I will be letting all the authors know so they can see what they were a part of.

Still interested?"