33. Son of a Bitch

{Rachel's POV}

"Attention! Il est necesaire que vous vous leviez maintenant!"

I groan as the annoying sound wakes me from my rather uncomfortable sleep. I rub my eyes and sit up and look to my side, only to see Harry isn't beside me. I begin to slightly panic when I look all around, but he is nowhere to be seen. Alright, I need to calm down. Obviously he just went somewhere, probably the restroom. I get up and try to straighten out my clothes as much as I can before approaching the women's restroom. I step inside and instantly regret it as it is completely filled with other women as they try to make themselves look presentable, their makeup covering every flat surface in front of the large mirror. I somehow manage to squeeze past them and into an open stall where I take care of my business before stepping out into the mass again. I wiggle through until I can see myself in the mirror where I comb my fingers through my hair and groan when my hair still looks a mess; I really need my hairbrush. I navigate my way out of the room and once I return to Harry and my sleeping area, I find him sitting cross-legged on the blankets with a few food items he was able to find. I plop down beside him and lean over to give him a kiss.

"Good morning, Rach. Did you sleep alright? I know this wasn't the most comfortable night, but what can you do?"

"Good morning to you, too. I slept alright, given the circumstances. You didn't, though, did you? I mean, unless I was vividly dreaming, I could have sworn you were tossing and turning all night."

His eyes look to the ground and he begins to blush, so I know I wasn't dreaming. He looks up at me after a few seconds and there is a light shadow beneath his eyes, showing his lack of sleep.

"It was a rough night, to say the least. But you were here with me, so it was fine."

"I'm sorry, babe. At least we'll be getting out of here soon."

"Maybe. The snow really piled up and they're still working on opening the entrances."

"Seriously??"

"Yeah..." He scratches the back of his neck, so I know he's nervous. Why is he nervous?

"That's fine. I have you and food, so we're all set for a while."

His eyes meet mine and he gives me the sweetest smile I've ever seen from anyone. He grabs the items he collected and opens up all of the wrappers before handing me the first bite. I take it and stuff it in my mouth and he follows suit. Our makeshift breakfast is gone in minutes and I lay down against the ground and stare up at the snow covering the pyramid, wondering how long we'll be stuck here. Harry stays in his sitting position, but he watches me with an unknown expression. After about 30 seconds, I can't take it anymore.

"Is there something I can help you with, Styles?"

"No, Lowe, just thinking."

"About what?"

"Everything and nothing."

"How so?"

"I'll be thinking of something and then my mind will go blank, then it will move on to something else."

"Any recurring thoughts?"

"You."

"What about me?"

"I don't know, just reliving moments really. Like when I first kissed you and you ran away."

He sounds so sad when he mentions that and my heart slightly plummets. I sit up and turn my full attention to him as he continues.

"That really hurt me."

"Harry, I'm sorry. At the time, I was just not ready for that to happen. I didn't mean to hurt you."