burden on you

I ran down the hall as the walls seemed to spin around me. I looked back, seeing the floor falling out from under me when I was running. I turned back, trying to run harder, but it was no use. Soon, the falling floor caught up to me. I tried to jump for the ledge, but I fell still, and I silently screamed as I fell into the darkness.

I hit the water hard and blindly. I tried desperately to reach the surface, but I sank as if I had stones in my pockets.

I sat up in a cold sweat from the nightmare. I gasped, looking around, scared.

What...? Where was I?

"Are you alright?" Sakura's voice came from beside me. She was leaning over, looking at me concerned.

I turned bewildered and disoriented. "No, ye" no... Yes?" I said it in a cracked voice. My lips stuck together as I tried to speak. I was thirsty.

She frowned and got up to get me a glass of water. "I was hoping what happened wouldn't happen. I knew you couldn't be a spy or a bad person." She said it softly. She looked at me, holding out the cup. "Sorry, you're probably still wondering what happened," she said, smiling at me weakly.

I looked at her for a moment, then reached out, taking the glass with a shaky hand. "Thank you, Sakura. I'm confused... But I realized it was needed for some reason. I will live." I said it quietly, then took a drink. I downed the whole glass as soon as I tasted the water.

She took the glass, refilling it, and said, "I would tell you if I could. I'm sure the Hokage will. In a little, we will have to go to him; he told me that once you wake up and can walk, you can come see him." She said to give me another glass of water.

I took it and drank it more slowly. I didn't know what to think. I closed my eyes for a moment. I would go even more. I opened my eyes, giving her the glass. "Thank you; I'm finished. Do you know where my bag is?" I asked, looking around. I wanted to at least brush my hair.

She nodded. "Your clothes are lying on the other bed. The hostage has your bag." She informed me and began to stand up. "You should get dressed, Mori; call if you need any help." She said it, then left the room.

I stayed in bed for another moment, contemplating whether I should or not. Why not? Just get up, go, and see what happens. I climbed out of bed and went over to the other bed. It wasn't my clothes, but they fit me perfectly.

It was a long-sleeve pastel dress that went to my knees and a pair of sandals. There were also fresh undergarments, thankfully. It was a cute and simple outfit. I noticed a brush and took my hat off, brushing through my hair. I folded my dirty clothes and left them where the clean ones had been.

I pulled my hat back on tightly before going to the door and pulling it open. It was kind of ragged compared to the dress, but oh well. "I'm ready." I said it to her as I stepped out, closing the door behind me.

She looked up at me, then smiled, "You're so pretty, Mori." She said it kindly before gesturing down the hall. "Can I ask why you wear that hat?" She asked, staring at it like it was a third eye.

I glanced away and said, "II would rather not speak of it. I am sorry." I said it softly. I looked down and wanted to flinch back. She just nodded without saying a word.

After reaching the desk and signing me out of it, she guided me out of the hospital and onto the streets of the village.

I looked around in awe. It was so nice! And to think no one was even giving me dirty looks! I smiled... What a nice place...

Sakura seemed to notice and started pointing things out as we went, trying to give a mini-tour.

"There is the best place to buy flowers; it's run by my friend Ino and her family." She gestured toward a medium-sized shop with beautiful flowers sitting out front of it.