Breaking in

I had made it my mission to investigate Kakashi, it was hard honestly. The man was quick on his feet and people seemed to think it was weird when I asked questions about him. It seemed I knew him more than anyone else did. I pulled my hood up and tiredly walked down the road, I was unsure what my next move should be.

"Kakashi?" Hinata said it a little unsure, she looked caught off guard by me bringing him up. "Well... I am not sure if he...I mean... you did live with him, he was in charge of watching over you." She admitted it unsure if she should be saying it.

"Had we been together?" I asked, pressing for more.

She thought for a moment, "He was protective of you..I..I'm not sure..." She said getting up, "I have to get home, it's getting late...You should ask him?" She rushed off clearly uncomfortable.

I sighed, I wonder where he lives? God I sounded like a stalker... maybe that's why he was so distant. I shook my head lost in thought, I just wanted to know the answers..to remember I have spent so many years walking through a haze, and every time I was near that man... I found a small piece of myself.

I wonder if he would tell me...if I just asked...I frowned doubtful, he would have already wouldn't he have?

"Mori?"

I looked up startled, seeing I was wandering aimlessly... I stood in front of the very person I had been thinking of. "K-Kakashi."I said, stepping back and looking around. I was out front of a house, he was getting mail from a mailbox.

He looked a bit uneasy, "What are you doing here?" He asked, narrowing his eyes.

I panicked, "I was just walking...." I said it fast and then looked back at the house... it did look familiar....I looked back at him and laughed nervously. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention...uh...having a good day?" I tried to make the conversation casual. Maybe if I talked to him more...

It was like he knew what I was doing, he turned slightly away. "Uh yeah it's been alright but I have to get ready to leave on a mission tomorrow so I need to get some rest." He said quickly, turning to leave, "Have a good night, you should head home, it's getting dark... it's not safe at night." His voice trailed off slightly darker as he glanced to the woods.

I followed his eyes and then went to ask something else but he was going inside already. I turned quickly...embarrassed. I headed back toward home...

I paused as a dangerous thought went through my mind. He was hiding something... it was so clear... He said he was leaving...

+++

I tapped my foot as I called Sakura... her phone rang...

"Hello?" A voice picked up, an older female.

"Is Sakura there?" I asked, hopeful.

"Oh no, sorry she just left a few days ago for a mission with her team. Is this Mori?"

I faked being surprised, "Oh I didn't know sorry, do you know when they will be back?" I asked it digging for information. "And yes this is Mori."

She laughed a little, "Ah okay, she said you might call that she forgot to let you know. They should be back in two days, I'll let her know you called."

"Thanks so much, have a nice day."

"You as well, honey." She said it then the call ended.

I let an excited breath out and went to the door seeing it was getting darker out. I almost felt giddy, I was about to break into someone's house. Hmm... maybe I had a problem.