Chapter Two- Introducing Oreo

I awoke to a knocking on the front door. I quickly got up and walked to the front door while straightening up my pj's and fixing up my hair. I hate looking out of place in front of people. Opening the door I was greeted by a delivery guy holding a cat carriage.

"Good morning Ma'am I have a delivery for a Miss Liberty Williams. This is one feisty cat" He chuckled at the end holding out a clip board for me to sign.

"Thanks heaps, Yeah she's not too fussed with being in a cage and travelled half way across the country" I replied signing the form and handing it back to him.

We said our good byes and I grabbed Oreo's cage and walked inside shutting the door behind me.  I opened the door of the cage and walked away knowing that Oreo would be sulking in the cage for a bit until she realized that it was safe to come out. 

I walked to the kitchen thinking about all the plans I had for this house, to help improve the market value on it ready to be sold. I had one month till it was put on the market. One month to increase the value by twenty grand. Sighing, i thought back to the plans that I made yesterday. Fresh paint in all rooms, new kitchen. Re tiling in the bathroom.. The list was endless. How was I meant to get this done in one month? Why did I even agree to this? 

My thoughts were quickly interrupted when Oreo jumped up onto my lap.

"Hey girl, how was your trip" I said to her while patting her back. 

It was as if she knew what I was talking about, she jumped down, gave me a dead panned looked, pointed her butt at me and walked away tail high.

"Yeah I know the feeling the mutual there" I whispered to myself before taking a sip of my coffee. 

5 hours later I was on my hands and knees ripping up the tiles on the bathroom floor. This place look so 50's it wasn't funny. I sat back studying my handiwork of just how much I have done so far. I was sitting at the shower base looking towards the door. All the tiles on the floor and surrounding walls had been ripped up. smiling to myself, I leaned against the shower glass and pulled myself up, only to come face to face with a.....

"ARRRGGHHH" I screamed jumping back stepping on a bit of loose tile cutting the sole of my foot open. I scrambled helplessly to the door of the bathroom. Holding my hand over my heart I looked at the huge huntsman that sat at the direct height in which I was looking at it. It hadn't moved on inch from my carrying on. 

"You stupid, hairy, huge arse thing, When I get over there... Quick Oreo, be a good cat, get it" I yelled pointing at the huntsman. Oreo looked at me like I was stupid as if to say "yeah right, you want me to touch that" Oreo stuck his head up and walked out the of the bathroom.

"You still angry at me for putting you in a cage? What point is a cat if they aren't going to catch insects and spiders?" I murmured to myself while I inspected my wound site on the sole of my foot. Pain just started to register as I saw the blood. Oh boy.. not good. The sight of blood made my stomach twich and flip. So with that let me introduce you to my cat... Oreo.. the scardy cat that refuses to touch insects, spiders or mice for that matter.. she takes after me!

Searching the house high and low, I finally came across the keys that went to the car in the drive way. I assumed it was mine now being apart of this estate and all, I got in and drove to the hospital.

I sat in the emergency room for 3 hours until I was seen too.  After finally being transferred too a hospital bed I then proceeded to wait another 15  minutes before I was seen. A nurse started talking while opening up the curtain around my bed..                                       

"Miss Williams my name is.."

"Ashlynn Jones" I whispered interrupting her. Obviously she heard me properly and whipped her head up to look directly at me.

"Well I thought I knew the name, welcome back to town Liberty Williams" Ashlynn spat at me, obviously still angry with my leaving some 7 years ago.

"Not a good time, How about just sticking with Libby aye, you know I hate Liberty and umm i'm sorta bleeding out here" I miserably chuckled hoping she would just do her job and move on. Well on can only hope.

Ashlynn looked at my blood soaked towel wrapped around my foot. Starting work Immediately she started by putting her gloves on and unwrapping the towel on my foot.

"What the heck did you do?" She asked, curiosity lacing through her voice. Although I knew the real reason for that curiosity and it wasn't about what I did to my foot. 

"Just re tiling" I replied.  "How is everyone?" I asked cautiously.

"Just the same as they were when you left" She replied distantly, focusing on my foot. I felt the needle going in and winced a bit. "Still not a fan of needles still I see" She chuckled at my sudden wincing. 

"Never have been, never will be.. You look really good Ashlynn" I said smiling at her. 

I remember having sleep overs with this lady, staying up late at night talking about boys, our future, our careers and even planning the perfect wedding. 

"Same old you. You said that 10 years ago, that time when I was with you when you had to get a needle. You freaked the crap out!" She giggled thinking about the memory. "But ah thanks, your not so bad yourself. I see you've changed your hair to bright red.. Suits you real well." She replied back pulling the needle and stitching thread through my cut.

"Yeah, something different. Definatly helps me keep things fresh" 

"You still doing the same old course, you know the one you left to do?"

"Yep certainly am, only half a semster left and then I'm done." I replied with a satisfied smile on my face. I was proud knowing I had done half of what I want to achieve. I have skills to do it.. Now i just need the money and place.

"That's good. And well I'm done too. Say, why don't we go out for a coffee when I've finished my shift?" She asked taking her gloves off giving me a hopeful look.

"Uh yeah sure thing." I replied back standing up.

"Good, well you don't need crutches, you can walk on these stitches, they will just be a little uncomfortable. Take it easy and don't do too much." With that she walked out handing my release forms.

~A/N~

Hi,

So I know its a little boring, but I guess you could say I'm setting up the scenes for the future ones, Im promising It will get better. I mean give me a break it is only my first book. 

Well please leave feed back for me, cause how can i improve if I have no one telling me what needs to be improved!!

Thanks! xx