catching up.

3 hours after X-rays, pain medication and awkward stares from Ashlynn, I was bandaged up with a sprained wrist and heading back to my parents house. The car drive there was silent and I was very thankful for that. I wasn't expecting Chris to come, I wasn't expecting to have reunions with my old friends and their family. Amd I most certainly was not expecting to see them cross over and meet. Typical Ashlynn stepped right in and flirted till we left. It was a common thing for her and to see she hasn't changed means she's still the backstabbing, cold hearted birch she was back then.

"Are you ok?" Chris's voice broke my thoughts.

"hmm?" I was stalling. I wasn't ok. I was in pain, emotionally and physically.

"you know what I asked you!" he replied.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just sore" I replied back, staying at the familiar streets I once rode my push bike on as a kid.

"I don't believe you."

"I just want to finish this house, sell it and go back home as quick as possible. Can we do that?" I asked hoping a question will divert his attention away from my feelings.

"sure we can do that" he answered with a smile pulling into the drive way. "how about we go inside, take a break infront of the couch and then get ready for dinner with that chicks parents?"

"don't for a second think you are getting away with not remembering Ashlynns name, I saw you checking her out" I giggled opening my door.

"I was not checking her out" Chris defended himself. Poorly I might add.

"oh you were, and you were lapping up the attention from her as well" I said giving him a knowing look. "Just tonight, please don't talk about me. It's my life not theirs".

Chris walked over to me after opening the front door and wrapped his arms around me as I rested my head into his chest.

"you really don't want to be here don't you?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"you really don't want them to know how far you've come since you've left?"

I shook my head again.

"Ok, fine I will keep our lives on the minimum" he replied kissing the top of my head.

"thank you". I replied back.

"Oh my gosh Libs, do you remember Mr Blamey in wood work class and how furious got at us for using the sander on the metal instead of the buffer?" Ashlynn laughed, speaking in betweem each breathe she took.

She found it hilarious, but I just wasn't in the mood.

"oh yeah I remember that, we weren't allowed back." I lightly chuckled swirling my spaghetti onto my fork. I mean don't get me wrong, it was a really fun time in school, but I'm not about that anymore. I wasn't here for catching up, reminiscing and diving into my past. I was only here because I had no choice.

"You girls were always getting into trouble. The amount of times your mother and I were called into the principals office was uncountable" Mrs Jones, Ashlynns mum, giggled looking between us both.

I was sitting at a large round table in the dining room of Mr and Mrs Jones house, Ashlynns parent's. The last time I was here, I was year 12 graduation, the day before I left. Nothing had changed. The carpet was still green, the walls still a dark yellow. Family portraits covered each wall and the same old large, oak mantel holding all the dining accessories still stood in the same place. It was weird being here. I could feel their judging glares on me, waiting to see my next move. I was mentally preparing myself for all the drilling questions of "why did you never come back" or "you made a horrible mistake leaving here, just what were you thinking?". I knew this day would come, just not as quickly as I imagined.

"yes well it was all Ashlynns fault, she was the leader Mrs Jones" I joked smiling at Ash. Ash looked shocked at first but quickly recovered with a nervous chuckle.

"oh don't be silly, we all know it was you and Braiden who lead the pack." Ashlynn replied stabbing a meat ba.

"No I think you were both on par together in leadership there girls. You were just as equally in trouble as the other, and always inseparable. Libby, please call me Sandy." Mrs Jones added smiling at me.

Ashlynn and I glanced at each other awkwardly and continued eating our dinner in silence, that was until Mrs Jones started asking Chris questions. Even though he was next to me, I completely forgot he was here.

"Chris is it? Where are you from?" she asked politely.

"Brisbane ma'am" he replied with a small smile.

"Ah the big smoke. Did you meet Libby at uni there?" Sandy asked looking between the both of us.

"Yes. I certainly did." he responded smiling at me.

"Thats so sweet, you two are adorable. Libby's always been a bit shy when it comes to guys, even through high school she only ever had on boy friend and even then she was very..."

"muuuummmm." Ashlynn interjected, stopping her mother from continuing. "I'm sure we don't need you rambling on about Libby's love life."

"no it's ok, um we need to be going anyway, it's getting late and I have landscapers coming first thing in the morning" I replied placing my napkin on my plate.

"oh your going be so soon? Please don't think me rude for my comment before" Sandy said looking worried.

"no, not at all. No redness shown, Im just very exhausted. It has been lovely catching up" I replied standing from my chair.

Everyone else stood up and made our way to the front door.

"It's been lovely catching up too. Please don't be stranger and come back you hear? And Chris love it's been lovely meeting you." Sandy said hugging him, leaving Chris a but surprised.

"It's been lovely meeting you all too, thank you for dinner" Chris replied shaking Mr Jones and Ashlynns hand.

After our good byes and hugs and handshakes, Chris and I were in the car cruising towards our temporary home.

"well that was weird" I said.

"tell me about it, did you see Mrs Jones checking me out the whole time" Chris giggled.

"Yeah right!" I muttered. I was too tired to really do anything or say anything. My day had been huge!

Hi

I've made another chapter update. I know it's been a long time coming.. It's not alot. But it's something. I've done this on Mt phone, so I do apologise for the mistakes!!!
Please leave your feedback

Mwah xx