Chapter 7

Chapter 7

*recap:*

It was a long kiss, lasting for about 5 seconds. We pulled out of it, with our noses still touching.

“Yes.”

---

*CODY’S POV*

Suddenly my phone started to ring. It was my mom… Perfect timing! Ugh.

I answered it, still holding on to Gab with one arm around her waist.

“Hello?” I said.

“Cody, it’s quarter past 9, are you guys alright?” She asked.

I looked down at Gab. She had one hand on my right shoulder and the other around my neck. She moved her head to the side of my face and started quietly kissing my cheek repeatedly. She wasn’t in any obvious physical pain at the moment, just a bit shaken and still had her marks and bruises.

“…Sure.” I replied, blushing and laughing at Gab as she was still kissing my cheek. She was practically teasing me. I wasn’t stopping her any time soon!

“What do you mean, ‘sure’?” My mom asked, worried.

“..We’ll talk when we get home… Could you pick us up? You know where the house is, don’t you?” I requested while Gab continued kissing my cheek.

“Yes. I’ll be there in a few minutes.” She replied. I hung up. I was still worried as to how I was going to ask my mom if this girl we just met could come live with us, but right now, I had that girl – the one of my dreams - in my arms.

She stopped her kissing spree and wrapped both of my arms tightly around her. I moved my head to her cheek and started kissing it like she was doing to me. She let me do that to her for about 10 seconds until she suddenly shifted her head to face me and put both of her arms around my neck. She then kissed me like she did before, and I could feel us both smile through it.

Gab suddenly released herself from my hug and grabbed her bag. She probably wanted to get out of here, and she wasn’t the only one, honestly…

She walked past me, and grabbed my hand on the way. She was walking really fast, but I put my arm in front of her and turned her around to face me. I wrapped my arms back around her waist; they just seemed to fit there well. I linked my arms around her back. I don’t know why, but she’s just so huggable, I couldn’t help myself.

She looked at me and let out a small laugh. I laughed with her. We were both leaning in again…

*thump, thump*

We both jumped and stopped leaning in. Those thumps were coming from the bathroom. Her mom must’ve gotten back up.

“Oh shit.” Gab whispered.

She let go of me and picked her bag back up. She grabbed my hand and intertwined her fingers with mine. Again, they fit there perfectly. But I was scared right now. Frightened, to be exact.

*GAB’S POV*

I let go of Cody and grabbed my bag again, then took his hand. I drug him to my door, and then turned around to face him.

“Just make sure you’re fast, but quiet…” I instructed.

He nodded.

Then, I took a good look at Cody’s face. He looked scared. Really scared. I was too, to be honest. The feeling of being hunted scares me to death. I don’t want him to get hurt by my mother, imagine how his fans would react!

I turned around and cracked the door, just so I could peek out. The bathroom door was closed.

“Let’s go for it!” I whispered to Cody.

We started tip toe-ing out of my room. I closed my door almost fully, just left it unlatched. Cody went down the stairs first, and I followed behind him. We reached the bottom fast and quietly. I took a moment just to listen for any more noises.

The bathroom door flew open. My heart nearly jumped out of my chest, and I could tell Cody’s almost did, too.

“GABRIELLA, I’M NOT DONE WITH YOU.” My mom yelled.

I was going to start hyperventilating. I quietly ran to the front door with Cody still holding my hand and swung open the front door. Screw being quiet! I could just run away from the house and hide afterwards.

“GABRIELLA! GET YOUR FAT ASS BACK IN THIS HOUSE THIS SECOND!” She screamed, running down the stairs. I could see her. I was just slamming the door behind Cody and I and was gonna make a run for it as she bolted towards us.

“RUN.” I told Cody, taking his hand. He took my bag and put it over his shoulder and we sprinted towards the woods on the other side of the road.

We ran deep-ish into the woods. Enough so I could still see if my mom was coming from the house. He set down the bag and I immediately faced him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face into his neck.

“Oh my gosh Cody. I am so sorry! I’m glad you didn’t get hurt, but you didn’t have to risk it!” I bawled.

“For you, I did! When I woke up to my mom saying you went back to the house, I got so worried that you were going to get battered by your mom again!” He said putting his arms around my waist, hugging me, then resting his head on mine.

“Well you’re okay, aren’t you?” I asked softly.

“Physically, yes. Emotionally… Not so much.” He answered.

I lifted my head and cupped his cheeks with my hands and leaned in. I kissed him softly, eventually returning my hands to the back of his neck. I could feel him starting to smile. We pulled back, and rested foreheads on each other’s.

“Does that help any?” I smiled.

“It most definitely does.” He smiled back.

We were leaning in again, until I heard a branch snapping.

“There you are you little pest. What are you doing with my child?!” My mom said, stumbling over branches and tree trunks on her way towards us.

“Protecting her.” Cody answered, turning me around and standing behind me with his arms around my stomach.

“Cody, no… Please, no, don’t talk to her, you’ll get hurt…” I whispered to him.

“Shhh, I’ve got this.” He whispered back, glancing down at me.

“From WHAT?” My mom asked, still making her way towards us.

“…You.” He swallowed, backing us up as my mom stopped about 10 feet away from us.

“That’s a load of bullshit. She’s my daughter; I do what’s best for her.” She said.

“Do you love her, like I do?” Cody asked her, hugging me tighter and looking down at me from my right shoulder, then putting his cheek on mine. A huge grin was planted on my face and I couldn’t help but blush.

“Of course I do. I’m her damn mother.” She said.

“Does she deserve to have these marks that you gave her all over her body?” Cody asked.

My mom just looked around.

Well?” Cody said.

“She took my fucking pills!” My mom whined.

“Gab, did you take her pills?” Cody asked, looking down at me.

“No, I didn’t take the pills. They’re laxatives. I seriously can’t get any skinnier.” I answered.

“Then where the hell are they?!” My mom screamed.

“Mom, I don’t-“ I was interrupted by the sudden sound of loud sirens. I looked around at the road which I could barely see through the trees. 3 police cars were parked outside our house.

“COME OUT OF THE WOODS WITH YOUR HANDS UP!”