"When You Say Nothing At All"

Date: May 22, 2012

After Scotty performs "Please Remember Me"

After performing on night one of the American Idol 2012 season finale, Scotty was walking around, looking for his family.

'Dagumit. Where could they be?' he thought to himself.

"Scotty honey, we're by the front door!" his mom yelled at him.

"Oh." He walked to the front over to his parents and Ashley.

"Hey bro," said Ashley. "You did an awesome job performing 'Please Remember Me'. It's one of the best Tim McGraw songs ever!" Then she gave her little brother a hug.

"Thanks Ashley," Scotty said when they separated. "It felt a little odd being on the Idol stage performing a second time in this new season, but it also felt great being back on that stage."

"Well we think you did great, kiddo." Judy gave him a hug too.

"Thanks Mama," he said.

"Um... Actually Scotty," stated Mike. "I overheard someone saying that Lauren was performing at the Greek Theater tonight."

While he competed on Idol 10, Scotty had met a then 16 - year - old girl from Rossville, Georgia named Lauren Alaina. The two of them had formed a very close relationship in the Idol mansion and performed three duets together. After Scotty had won, Lauren had kissed him a couple of times, starting rumors about them being a couple. And they only intensified when they performed "When You Say Nothing At All" every night during the Idols 2011 Summer Tour. But both of them were busy with their careers, so they were not together.

"Oh really?" asked Scotty. "Where is she right now?"

"At the Greek Theater, I believe. She's actually opening for Sugarland tonight," Mike told his son.

"Sounds good to me," he said to his father. "I have an idea. Since Lauren and I sang together on Idol and on tour, why don't I go over and surprise her? Heck, I'll even sing a song with her."

"Well I think that's an excellent idea, Scotty," Judy said. "You kids haven't seen each other since the tour. I think it would be nice for you two to perform again."

"Great," Scotty told his mom. "I can't wait. Lauren's gonna be so surprised!"

"We think so too, kiddo. You wanna meet us back at the hotel when you're done singing with Lauren?" Mike asked him.

"Sure," he replied. "See you guys back at the hotel." Then he left.

"Bye Scotty," his family said before heading back to the hotel.

Greek Theater - Los Angeles, California

Lauren had just finished performing one of her songs of her album Wildflower. She was talking to the fans a little about what she was currently up to when she heard the fans screaming in applause.

"What's going on?" she asked. "Why are y'all screamin?"

But all she had to do was look to her left. When she did, she saw Scotty standing on the stage!

"Hey Lala!" he excitedly yelled to her.

"Oh my gosh! Scotty!" Lauren ran over to him and hugged him tight.

"What are you doing here?!" she shouted at him.

With a smile, he casually replied, "Just thought I'd surprise you tonight, Laur. Wanna sing a song with me?"

"Sure!" Lauren said excitedly.

The two teens walked to the front of the stage.

"My guest for the next song, Mr. Scotty McCreery!" Lauren announced.

Then, "When You Say Nothing At All" played, and the two of them sang. The whole time, they looked into each other's eyes, recreating the chemistry that they'd had on Idol and on tour. After they finished the song, they gave each other a final hug while the audience broke out into applause.

Later...

Scotty was headed back to the hotel to meet with his family when he got a call from Gabi.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Hey Scotty," said Gabi. "So how was performing for the Idol finale?"

"It went good. Actually, afterward, I went someplace else."

Sounding unsure, Gabi asked, "And uh... Where did you go?"

"Fine. I took a trip to the Greek Theater to surprise my friend from Idol," said Scotty.

"That sounds awesome. What friend?"

"Lauren Alaina," he replied casually.

"Ahh. Did you have a fun time performing with her?" Gabi asked him.

"Why yes I did. We performed 'When You Say Nothing At All' and just had an absolute blast!"

"That's great, I'm glad," Gabi said happily. "You didn't do anything foolish, like kiss her or anything like that, did you?"

"No Gab, I didn't," Scotty answered truthfully. "You know the only girl I love is you."

Sounding happy still, Gabi stated, "Aww, okay. Well, I'm gonna get off the phone. Glad you had a great performance. Night Scott!"

"Night Gabi." Scotty hung up and continued heading back to the hotel, ready to get some sleep.