Prom Night: A Night To Remember!

Chapter 5: Prom Night: A Night To Remember!
   Date: April 21st, 2012
   Location: Bojangles in Garner, North Carolina
   Two days after the baseball incident, it was prom night in Garner, North Carolina! But before that, Scotty was having lunch with Jacob, Mason Sawyer, Kyle Wiggins and Kyle Tobin at Bojangles.
   "Man, I am so excited for prom night tonight!" Jacob exclaimed, with his mouth full of food.
   Scotty just looked at his friend, mildly disgusted.
   "Jacob. Dude, could you not talk with your dagum mouth full please?" he asked. "It's so dagum disgusting."
   After swallowing his food, Jacob replied, "Sorry, dude."
   "But hey, can't blame you though." Mason took a sip of his sweet tea, and Scotty did the same. "Can't wait to see how gorgeous Krista is going to look tonight."
   "I agree," Kyle T said. "I went to prom last year with my girlfriend Abby, and it was a blast!"
   "Oh, was it?" asked Kyle W. Then he looked at Scotty, who was clearly daydreaming and thinking about something.
   "Hel - lo? Earth to Scotty boy," he said, waving a hand in front of his friend's face.
   Scotty looked up at Kyle, then realized where he was.
   "Oh sorry man. Just thinking about something," he replied.
   "About what, may I ask?" asked Mason teasingly. "Gabi?"
   "Mason, shut up," Scotty muttered. "No I'm not."
   "Yes. You totally are!" Kyle T shouted at him. "We all know how in love with Gabi you are." He gave his friend a wide grin.
   "No I'm not, dude." Scotty shook his head. "Gabi and I are just friends. That's it."
   Jacob shook his head at him with a grin on his face.
   "Oh but Scotty," he started. "You know what they say about boys and girls who are friends with each other."
   "No I don't," Scotty said sarcastically.
   "They become boyfriend and girlfriend, and then..." Jacob looked at Mason and the two Kyles, and all 4 nodded.
   "Scotty and Gabi, sitting in a tree! K - I - S - S - I - N - G!" they sang.
   "Dagum. Shut up! We haven't kissed yet," Scotty said to his friends.
   "First comes love, then comes marriage!"
   "Stop it!" Scotty shook his head again.
   "Then comes Scotty in a baby carriage!" his friends finished. Then they all laughed like hyenas while Scotty had his head down, shaking his head and trying not to laugh.
   "Ahh. You guys got me pretty good," he finally said. "I love you guys, but y'all are pretty annoying."
   "C'mon!" Kyle W shouted. "You know you love our annoyingness."
   "You're right. I do," said Scotty. "Seriously though, you, Mason, Jacob and I have to get ready for tonight."
   "You are correct, Scotty boy," said Mason, getting up from his seat. "Let's mosey on out of here!"
   With a final laugh, the five friends left the restaurant to go their separate ways.
   Later At Prom
   At prom, Scotty, Gabi and their friends were having the time of their lives. Earlier, Gabi's mom had dropped her off at Scotty's house, and the two had taken some formal photos together in their prom outfits. After, they'd met up with their friends and taken a giant group photo in front of the building where the prom would be inside. Now they had just announced the prom king (which wasn't Scotty), so now it was time to announce the prom queen.
   "Oh Scotty, I'm nervous," said Gabi, looking at him.
   "Don't be," he said. "I'm sure no matter whether you get it or not, you'll always be a queen to me."
   "Aww! Thanks Scotty," Gabi said with a grin. "And you'll be prom king to me."
   "Aw dagum. You're just saying that," Scotty said, shaking his head.
   "No I'm not. I really mean it." Scotty and Gabi smiled at each other, then looked forward to their principal, who was about to speak.
   "And the winner of Garner High Prom Queen is..." He paused and looked around before announcing, "Gabriella Dugal!"
   Gabi covered her mouth in shock, looked at Scotty and screamed happily. Scotty let out a laugh and hugged her tight.
   "Congratulations Gabi," he whispered to her. "Go and get your tiara and sash, girl."
   So she did. After she danced with the prom king, the last song of the night, Brad Paisley's "Then" began to play.
   "Gabi, would you like to dance with me?" Scotty asked her.
   Letting out a giggle, she replied, "Sure."
   Scotty put one arm around Gabi's waist and held her hand, while her other hand was on his shoulder. While Brad sang, the two of them danced with each other, without a care in the world.
   Outside Gabi's house
   After prom, Scotty had taken Gabi back to her house in Loretta.
   "I had a really awesome time tonight, Scotty," Gabi told him. "But there's something I gotta ask."
   "What's that?" Scotty asked.
   "How come you didn't care whether you won Prom King or not?" Gabi looked at him, confused.
   "Because, Gabi. I don't need the extra attention, so I decided not to run for the title," he replied.
   "Wow. That's sweet of you to do that," she said back. "It's okay though."
   "Why?"
   "Because you're still prom king to me, Scotty."
   "Gosh. Thanks, Gabi," Scotty said, surprised.
   "You're welcome." She gave him a warm smile.
   After they hugged each other once more and gave each other a quick peck on the lips, Scotty got back in Loretta and headed back home.
   Scotty's house
   After getting home from Gabi's, Scotty was about to go into his room when he heard something from Ashley's room.
   "Hey Scotty. Is that you?" she asked.
   "Um... Yes?" he replied to his sister.
   "Can you come in here? Mom and Dad wanted me to talk to you."
   Scotty went in his sister's room and sat on her bed.
   "What's up, Ashley?" he asked.
   "Aunt Shauna called tonight," Ashley started. "And she wants me, you and Mom to meet her and Jackie and Jared at the hospital in the morning."
   "How come?"
   "Because the hospital doesn't know what's going on with Uncle Kevin. One minute he's fine, then he starts acting weird and spaced out. Then sometimes, he doesn't even know anyone else is in the room and just sleeps."
   "Dagum, really?" Scotty was shocked.
   "Yes, really. So how did you and Gabi enjoy prom?"
   "Ash, it was awesome. Gabi and I had a great time!" he told his sister proudly.
   "Yay! I'm glad," said Ashley with a smile. "You'll have to tell us all about the experience tomorrow."
   "Oh believe me, I will. Night, Ash," Scotty stated, giving his sister a hug.
   "Night, Scotty," she replied, hugging him back.
   After Scotty got to his room, he took off his suit, put on his pajamas, and got into bed. He posted a couple tweets about prom, then put his phone on the table. He finally shut the light off a little past midnight and fell asleep with a huge smile on his face.