Chapter-8

Remus made sure to keep his promise. The second he walked down the stairs he told everyone that Harry was not planning on finishing school, and from that moment on Harry was watched like a hawk. The only time he ever got any privacy was when he was in the bathroom. He planned to use this bit of knowledge to his advantage. But he had to wait awhile, for he didn’t want anyone to suspect him. He figured one week would do. That would be just enough time to set up a plan.

The next day he spent in his room, holding Dumbledore’s locket, while trying to write down a plan to get out of there. His first thought was apparition, but then he remembered that the ministry placed a charm on the house that prohibited apparition from inside or outside of the house.

His next was to jump out of his bedroom window and runaway, but that could cause injury and he wouldn’t be able to look for Horcruxes with a broken arm or leg.

Finally he came up with the idea that he could take Ginny for a walk, and escape then. The second this thought crossed his mind he laughed. No one would let him take a walk without a guard, not even Fred and George. It was after this thought that he knew he would need help. But he couldn’t get it now; it would be too obvious what he was trying to do. He had to wait, at least for a little while.

Suddenly he got an idea. He pulled out his wand, and with it, began to inscribe the locket he held in his left hand.

That night, Harry got out of bed, walked to Ginny’s room, and knocked on her door. Not two seconds later the door opened, and Ginny invited him in.

“Harry,” she said, “what do you need?”

“Ginny, Remus told everyone that I’m leaving, and now everyone is watching me like a hawk, and I just can’t leave,” he said in a frantic whisper.

“Well, what do you need me for?” she asked in the middle of a yawn.

“Gin… I need your help.” And so the brainstorming began.

One week later Harry and Ginny were up in Ginny’s room, discussing the plan to get Harry out of the Burrow, and out looking for what he needed to look for.

“Okay, here’s the plan,” Ginny said. “You will be up in the bathroom, while Remus is standing watch just outside the door. You will have your trunk already packed and hidden under the invisibility cloak. While you’re in the bathroom drop the trunk into the bushes outside. Put on the cloak and wait until I give you the signal.”

“Meanwhile,” Harry took over, “you will be downstairs. Suddenly, you’ll want to go for a walk, and you’ll ask your mum if it’s okay. Right as you ask Hedwig, Pig and Errol will start fighting above the breakfast table. Remus will go downstairs to help with the fight, and you’ll scream out the word, “MUM?!”

“Which is your signal to come out,” Ginny continued. “You will quietly walk down the stairs and out the door I will be holding open. When we get to the woods, you’ll take off the cloak and leave.”

“Yes, but first I’ll call my cloak to me,” Harry added.

“Oh right, and then you’ll… leave.” As she said those words tears welled up in the corners of her eyes. Harry noticed this and wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug.

“Everything’s going to be fine, Gin,” he said. “I will be fine. It’ll all be over in… a while.”

“But Harry, what if something goes terribly wrong?” she cried. “What if they kill you, then what? It’ll all be over!”

Harry sighed and said, “That’s just something I have to risk Ginny, Voldemort killed my mum and dad, a friend, my godfather, and now… Dumbledore. This guy needs to be killed, and at my hands.”