Chapter-5

The next morning, Harry woke up to the smell of warm pancakes. He got up, got dressed, and walked down the stairs to find Ginny cooking breakfast to an empty room.

“Mmmm, smells good,” he said and she jumped, which caused the pancake she was flipping to fly across the room, Harry pulled out his wand and made it float towards him, caught it, and took a bite.

“Even better in your mouth,” he added, as the warm pancake melted like butter in his mouth. “I didn’t know you could cook.”

“Oh, come on,” she said, “Are you telling me you thought I’d spent 16 years with my mother, without knowing how to cook. That’s funny!”

He laughed. “I guess I never thought about it before.” Then in a side note he added, “So, what are we having this lovely morning?”

“Pancakes, eggs, and sausage,” she answered, “If my family ever wakes up.”

“Let them sleep in,” he said, “I wouldn’t mind having a big breakfast.”

She turned around and looked at him with a surprised face, like she couldn’t believe what he’d just said.

“Not a chance, Potter,” said a voice from the stairs. “Ginny makes such good pancakes; it wouldn’t happen if your life depended on it. Smells good, Gin.”

Quickly, Harry turned around to see Fred standing at the bottom of the staircase. Behind him was a sea of redheads, and a brunette, smelling the sweet air. It looks like the Weasley alarm bell had gone off.

“Oh man!” Harry said in a teasing sort of voice. “Looks like I’ll have to suffer.”

“Alright,” Ginny interrupted with a smile on her face, “breakfast is served.”

Immediately, everyone dug in, including Harry, which surprised everybody. It was when breakfast was over, that Harry was asked his usual June-July question.

“So, Harry, what do you want for your birthday?” Mrs. Weasley asked.

“Oh, I don’t need anything Mrs. Weasley, thank you,” came his usual reply.

“Oh, nonsense, Harry, what do you want?”

“Well… can you take me down to get my apparition license?”

Arthur was going to take you and Ron anyway,” she replied. “There has to be something you want. How about we throw you a coming of age party!”

“No, Mrs. Weasley, thank you, but that won’t be necessary.”

“Oh Harry, come on, it’ll be fun,” Ginny said.

“I don’t want to be a-,” he started, but was interrupted by Ginny.

“If you say burden, I will slap you,” she said. “You are not a burden, and we are going to give you birthday party.”

He really didn’t want a birthday party, for he just didn’t want to look at the faces of all the people he’d be leaving. But as he looked at all the people at the table, determined to make him happy, he threw his hands up in surrender and said, “Alright, I give up. You can throw me a birthday party.”

“Oh mum, we have to give him a birthday party too. Honestly, Harry, you are such a burden,” Ginny said with a wink in his direction.

“Ha ha,” he said, and gave her a small push, and as he laughed, the whole table was completely shocked. This was his first real laugh since Dumbledore’s death, and it changed the atmosphere in the little room. For the first time in months, they had Harry back.