Chapter Three

The next morning, I wake up before the lovely angel next to me. Not daring to wake her up, I get off the bed as quietly as I can. The morning goes by slowly without her. I can't even entertain myself with my phone, because the battery died last night, at some point. I realise Marina must have a charger, and decide to finally wake her up. So I go back to the bed, and call out her name once or twice, with no results. I move her a bit, and still nothing. She would pass for dead if I weren't seeing her chest rise up and down.

Since there is nothing else I can do, and leaving doesn't seem like an option, I stay on her couch watching tv and eating her food. Truly, I could grab my things and leave. But something tells me that I should stay and watch over comatose Marina, and at least make sure she's alright when she wakes up. I wonder if she will remember she kissed me. Did she really want to do that?

After another hour, I give up. There has to be a charger somewhere, most likely in her room. I walk back in, try to wake her up again, make sure she's still alive, and do a little treasure hunt until I find it. Then, I go back to the living room and my phone comes back to life. I've got missed calls from Sam, Derek and Alison. So I decide to call them back. Sam goes first, and she answers at the second, like she were waiting for my call.

"Where the hell are you?" She screamed through the phone.

"Guess." I can't help but smiling.

"Hot mum's?"

"Marina's." She stays silent for seconds.

"You have got to be kidding me."

"I swear I'm not. She was there with Derek, the asshole didn't tell you?"

"No, we were all worried because you vanished. I thought you would stay here with us."

"Oh, he's there with you?"

"Yes, I'm still at his house."

"Well, just tell him I'm alright and I hate him for not telling me she was there." I hear noise coming from the room. "I think she's waking up, see you." I whisper to the phone and hang up.

I walk over to the room, and stand on the doorframe whilst she is barely waking up. Her hand reaches over for something on the nightstand, but she can't seem to find it, so she gives up. "Do you need anything?" I ask her. She notices my presence for the first time, and spends quite a while looking at my lack of pants.

"You're still here." She says. I can't tell if she's surprised that I stayed the night, or that I haven't left. "Actually, yes, water or... a new head." I laugh and go get her a glass of water. When I am back, she hasn't moved at all. I sit next to her and watch her drink it all.

"Do you remember last night?" I ask, wishing she'd say she remembers it all.

"I remember crying a lot... There was wine... And you were mad at me." She looks like she's having a hard time thinking.

"Since when do you drink so much?"

"Two years, or so." She looks down at her almost naked body, and then at me. "Did we... do anything last night?" I knew it. She never meant any of it. The alcohol was acting for her. I have to admit it saddens me, but I already saw it coming. Last night was an illusion, that's all.

"No. You kissed me once but I didn't let you take it further. I knew you were only doing it because you were drunk, and that you wouldn't even remember it." She looks at me, but remains silent. "You said a thing, though, that made me a little curious... That you used to fall asleep wishing I was with you."

"That's true. I miss you. And I still want to be with you." It feels like my heart grows twice its size, but at the same time, I feel the pain only her can make me feel.