Chapter I- Memory lane

A man in his late twenties gasped as he woke up from a terrible nightmare that left him cold, shocked and shivering. His shirt clung to his chest and his sheets drowned. Soon, he had scrambled down the stairs for a drink, grabbed the phone, and punched in the numbers he had memorized by heart.

          What seemed like centuries of ringing was merely five seconds. Each passing moment tempted his conciousness. Finally, stifling a yawn, a woman's voice was heard.

          "Hello?" Traces of relief showed on the man's face as he listened to the sleepy voice on the other side of the phone.

          "Hanna, babe..." He whispered. "Sorry to wake you up. I just... I just needed to hear your voice."

          "Tyler? No, it's fine, actually. I'm glad you called. Is everything alright?" She asked, a hint of worry bathing her husky voice.

          Tyler grinned. "It is now." He ran his fingers through his green-blonde hair.

          They spent the next few minutes chatting. And after the exchange of goodnights and I love yous, Tyler laid on his couch. He venerated how she does that to him. The mere sound of her voice made him forget anything else. For him, she was the only one. He loved her and things like nightmares existed only when she was away. And everytime he closed his eyes, he'd recall the night they first met.

                                                         *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

          It was a cool winter evening. The 21-year old Tyler was out at a nearby park. He sipped wine he chilled on snow, and finished his last cigar with a spectacular ring of smoke. And through the ring he saw a woman that wore a tank top, some really, short shorts, and a pair of flops.

          Who does she think she is braving the sub-zero, North-American weather? He said to himself. Surely, even Superwoman wore a lot more than that. All thoughts of the extraordinary gal were set aside when he stood up, ready to leave. The intention was canceled out when a figure fell to the ground. He let out a reluctant sigh.

          He approached the nearly frost-bitten girl. "You know, anyone with brains can tell a swimsuit from a snowsuit. So do yourself a favor and go home?"

          "Oh, g... goodie, s... so.. someone actually helped." She stammered due the constant chatter of her teeth as she concluded her sentence with a frosty exhale.

          "Now why wouldn't anyone..." Some giggles from the crowd were heard across the gates. Fist pumps from guys, and some smirks from the girls were highly visible when they saw Tyler glare.Then, he turned back to the girl with a look of pity. She just returned the sympathetic look with a blank stare. "You know, bullying can only go so far."

          "And what makes you think I'm being bullied?" The girl said flatly with her icy stare. The action was probably unintentional, Tyler thought. Her eyes were just that shade of truly icy blue.

          "I..." Tyler felt guilty, really. Minutes ago, he had been sipping wine and had thought badly of a girl he never met before. He was a nice guy and had wanted to make up for what he had done. Though, what had he done? He told himself that he had no obligation to help such a... helpless woman.

          He now gazed back to her. She had been gawking at him the whole time. Peering with those crystal eyes of hers, she tore through his conscience, and apparently, his heart. He took a deep breath, and released a temporary cloud in place of an exaggerated exhale. There was something in that girl that had triggered something. He couldn't possibly leave her now.

          And up his arm she went. Her breath felt icy on his neck. How long has she been keeping up this game of theirs? He thought as he struggled to keep the girl warm in his grasp and leer. They arrived in the same position they left. He carried her through the busy, slick streets and down the next few blocks until they reached Tyler's house. For the next few moments, they were sitting by the fireplace sipping coffee.

          "You could have just left, you know." She spatted out.

          "But I didn't, did I?" He said, nonchalantly flipping a book he lunged out from the shelf.

And the game of silence began.

                                                         *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

          He laughed at the flashback. It never ceased to make him smile. He knew very well what was the answer to the girl's question. The moment he saw her eyes, oh... no doubt.

He was in love.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

A/n: Omg! Thank you all.... Ya'll <-- hihihi. Thanks ya'll for reading this! I hope ya'll enjoyed. I mean seriously, try and imagine Zac Efron as Tyler and WOOT. It will be a hundred times better.

B-) Oh yeah. 

Guys, what is your favorite song? :) Currently, mine is Where are you now by Honor Society. I know, I know... it's quite old, but the lyrics just strike me. :")

Anyway! Please continue on readin' it and don't forget to procote! PROCOTE= Promote+Comment+Vote. even if you spout nonesense, I'll be glad to hear you out always xD hahaha :) I reply always. Love you all!

Peace! -xoxo