Chapter VIII- All the time in the world

Hanna

          "Hello?" Hanna muttered the sleepiest tone she could manage. She rolled her eyes, and expected Tyler's usual banter through the phone. She just couldn't get used to this man's whimpy whining. Surely, a grown man can manage a few nightmares without bothering his woman in the middle of the fucking night?

          She had almost said her usual line. It was what she had to say each damned cycle. That was until she realized Tyler was not speaking. It piqued her interest. Was the man finally dead? For good? A surge of hope and joy washed over her. Did Lucifer finish him on his own? She frowned inwardly. No, of course not. So she grunted and urged herself to ask.

          "Hello... Hello?" She was tempted to call out his name, but it would give her away. She wasn't left to worry over it anyway, because the line has gone cold.

          What the hell is going on here? Begrudgingly, she put the phone down and sat up. She crossed her legs, in a rather unladylike manner, too. She thought to herself. First, there was a glitch in the last cycle... Her hand instinctively jerked up to her chest where the pendant have been. Now this? She chewed on her nails, and shrugged. A bad habit.

         For several cycles, she endured this man's affection; endured THIS MAN, in general. If it weren't for Lucifer's orders, I would have just left him. Her chest felt heavy for a moment. Or maybe not.

          Once upon a time, she did feel for this man. Opening a drawer, she pulled out her gun, a stick of cigarrette, and a lighter. She lighted it up and puckered her lips to the delicious taste of an evening cigar. Soon, she had herself polishing her gun, which, of course, she used to killed the man she once loved.

          She smiled at the thought. Remembering the past is one hell of a tough job for one who owns it. I'd rather relive it. She smirked, closed her eyes, and remembered. All too soon, she feels the surroundings change as the bite of the freezing weather kisses her skin. Opening her eyes, she sees herself, at the park, wearing no less than her tank top and shorts.

          She rolled her eyes at the memory. It was an act of desperation for acceptance, really. She was a lonely teen in college who just wanted to join a sorority- a family. She bites the insides of  her cheeks in annoyance at the giggling maniacs behind the park gates.

          She should have refused the offer, obviously. If only she had known the extent of her gift, she liked to call it. She could have understood, then, that she was, in no way, the same level as those insecure bastards.

          The raven-haired woman, merely a younger version of me, dove into the biting cold of the bricked park floor. Ah, and there I go. I thought to myself, bemused by my fragility. I drifted my fleshless body forward. Tyler was telling younger Me something after those monkeys behind the park's gate started hollering. He gazed at me sympatheticly.

          "You moron! Leave me alone. If you leave me alone, now, then you wouldn't have to suffer later." I shouted at the beautiful man who started to carry me over his strong arms. But of course, he couldn't hear me. I was just a figment of my imagination in this realm... and he was just a memory.

Just a bittersweet memory.

                                                                        *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

          A bolt of energy rushed through me as I urged myself to come back to reality. I gasped for air as I was jerked back to my solid body. I wiped away a stray sweat bead that rolled over my right eye. The journey to the spirit world was proving to be a lot more tolerable.

          The first time my gift appeared was when I was a little girl. It was an exciting thing to experience, but also terrifying for that young an age... I remembered the time when I was riding the swing at the playground. I felt so happy that I just wanted the moment to stop. And miraculously, it did. The swing stopped mid-air. I fell off, of course, and afterward, I kept sobbing. I felt horrible. My clothes got soiled, and I was covered in fresh wounds.

          I was really scared of my mom scolding me about my newly bought bright-yellow sundress. I really liked it, but then it got stained with mud when I fell off. All the other kids around me were still so neatly dressed and I felt ashamed. I didn't want them to see me cry like a baby in dirty clothes. They would've teased me for life. So I unconsiously wished that I had enough time to leave. And what a fool I was.

I had all the time in the world.

________________________________

A/N: Hey guys! Filler chapter up next! Stick with me! ;)