Kabanata 7

Kabanata 7

Levireigh

My fists tightly clenched as soon as I saw Tracy's bloody face while she's being held by one of Layco's people. 

They clearly aren't his Deltas, judging by how they behaved. Simpleng mga myembro lamang ng pangkat na halatang walang ambag sa Brenther kung hindi salapi. Knowing the silent but deadly leader of Brenther, Layco is ruthless, but he never tolerates violence without valid reasons.

I drifted my gaze back to Alpha Layco. Our eyes flickered with anger that wasn't for each other, but for the lycans who dared to touch my mate. He knows I wouldn't hesitate to punish misbehaving pups but they are not mine and I have no authority over them.

Humugot ako ng malalim na hininga't tuluyang lumapit kay Tracy. My wolf begged to come out so it could comfort her but I resisted it. Tracy is already trembling enough for me to let her see me in a huge wolf form. 

May namuong bara sa lalamunan ko nang makita kung paano niya akong tinitigan. She couldn't take her terrified eyes off of me, as if she's begging for help silently. 

Parang gusto kong ubusin ang lahat ng kasapi sa grupong may gawa nito sa kanya kung hindi ko lamang inirerespeto ang awtoridad na mayroon si Layco sa sarili niyang teritoryo. This is his City and he's the one who has the rights to punish his own people. Remorse is already in a huge mess for me to give him more reason to distance himself from Astrid and the other packs.

"L—Levi..." Her voice came out raspy. I even had to tighten my jaw when my wolf nearly won against me after I saw the trails of tears on her face.

"Tracy..."

Sinalo ko siya kaagad nang binitiwan ng lalake. I lifted her up in a bridal carry, making sure she'd feel safe in my arms.

"I got you, luv..." I whispered while trying my best to keep myself from ripping the man's throat. My eyes were still in a shade of blue, brighter this time because my wolf begs to kill the man who hurt our mate.

Tracy struggled to keep her eyes open. "H-He almost k-killed me. Your Betas, t-they tried to save me but I..." Kumislap ang namuong luha sa sulok ng mga mata niya. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko. I lowered my head and gently kissed her on top of her head so that I'd calm down. Dahil kung hindi at marinig ko pa ang paghikbi niya ay makapapatay na ako ng hindi bahagi ng sarili kong grupo. 

"Levi..." she called again. 

Her eyes were now shut as if her consciousness is slowly leaving her body. Nakasandal na rin ang gilid ng ulo niya sa dibdib ko habang ang katawan niya ay unti-unting nawawalan ng lakas.

"You're safe now. I'm here." I breathed in her scent, the smell of her blood that mixed with it made my wolf even more furious. 

I'm going to remember this. How she stared at me while her own blood gushes down her face.

Muli ko siyang pinatakan ng halik sa tuktok ng ulo saka ko tinitigan ang lalakeng may gawa nito sa kanya. This is going to be the last time that I'd smell her scent mix with her own blood...

As if Layco felt how much I struggle to stay dominant over my wolf, he took his steps towards the man with tattoos in a slow yet dominant pace. His silver-gray eyes didn't even change but the fury written in his pools was enough for the lycan to fear for his life.

"A—Alpha, we were just messing with them," nahihintakutang sabi ng lalake habang takot na nakatitig kay Layco.

Napabuntonghininga na lamang ako nang makitang hindi kumurap si Layco. Tumitig siya ng ilang segundo sa lalake. His lips pursed, and as soon as Layco's eyes narrowed at the guy, I knew the guy wouldn't last any longer.